« on: April 25, 2005, 03:43:06 AM »
I have planned on attending law school since my Freshmen year in college. However, I always wanted to work for a few years prior to that. To make a long story short, I changed my mind about this in March and started getting everything together. I found that some schools would accept a June lsat for fall 05 admission so I applied to Detroit Mercy, Toledo, Dayton, Cooley, and Florida Coastal.
First I would like to know of any stories you have ever heard about people doing this. I have a hard time believing a school would give me a slot when they have kids waiting that applied in October and obviously were more prepared than me.
My Lsat score will be anywhere from a 155-163. My practices have been ERATIC, but progressing nicely. That coupled with my 2.8 from Michigan is how I arrived at this plan:
If I get a 159 or higher, I will hold off and apply to better schools in the fall like a normal person. Then I will take a year off and it will be worth it.
If my score is on the lower end and I get admitted to one of those schools, I will probably attend in the fall and plan on staying for three years. I guess I would entertain the option of transfering, but I feel like if I decide to go it should be a decision based off of being there for 3 years.