I'll be retaking the LSAT and reapplying. Still have my heart set on UNC, so will reapply there, but will also open it up to about six other schools as well.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - bhsueiu
Email regarding waitlist update...I'm sure you'll get yours soon as well.
Basically, they've admitted a 'handful' of students, less than 10, it's unclear whether they will have more spots open up, if you no longer wish to remain on the waitlist, please let us know, thanks for your patience.
I did my masters at IU-B, and worked in a student affairs office there that worked with international students. IU as a whole has a VERY strong international reputation that you might never know if you didn't know something about the school. I'm not sure if they still hold this distinction, but I beleive at one point they had more Title VI funded area studies centers than any other public institution (even more obscure centers, like the only Inner Asian and Uralic National Resource Center). With it's ranking, the University's strong international ties, and strong study abroad programs, I think you'd be a little crazy to pass them up if you want your specialty to be international law. Besides, the campus is beautiful, and the town is a great place to spend 3 years.
Yes, I am in the area...but I'm very conflicted about leaving my job without being able to give notice. It just feels icky to me on all counts to do that to my boss, who wrote a recommendation, and my coworkers, 'clients'...and it's not the best way to go into my law school experience either, packing up my office at the same time I'm trying to finish up cases, shop for books, get loans, etc. etc. Agonizing.
Hmmm...UNC puts more weight on the GPA, and 3.5 is still within the 25-75 percentages.
Good to know your story though Fireplace...looks like I will be retaking the LSAT then...ugh. Was looking forward to NEVER looking at that test again!
Will wait until August 1st-ish to register, just in case miracles happen!
It's not the end of the world to wait a cycle. That's what I did.
So you applied twice Fireplace? What did you do differently between one application cycle and the next?
I'm in-state. I know of some people that have decided to go elsewhere but have not withdrawn yet. *sigh* Not much that can be done about that though except try to be patient. As for me, I'm getting the distinct impression that it's not going to happen for me this year, so I think I'll be taking the LSAT again in Oct. and trying again next year.