« on: March 21, 2005, 11:10:33 AM »
I'm trying to write a story about getting admitted to law school and am looking for war stories concerning all the cruel ways that schools manipulate their admissions figures. Has anyone had first-hand experience with any of the following?
1. You were encouraged to apply to a law school that summarily rejected you?
2. You were rejected or "wait-listed" at a school that you surely should have been admitted to?
3. You were encouraged to leave your law school and transfer to a higher Tier-ed school?
4. You noticed a huge influx of transfer or full-time students come second year?
5. You were hired to work at the law school come graduation?
Any other peculiar practices? I'm quite new to this. Feel free to post your comments here or send me email. Thanks.