What was your major? What type of school.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - waitingsucks
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:59:22 PM »
GW as a slightly better school and with a better location for "international law" (quite the 0L cliche) is the obvious choice.
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:47:43 PM »
NYU non-URM with a 163/3.7 = "doable"? Not at all.
Also, don't underestimate other DC schools for patent/IP, since the Patent and Trademark office is here. I know GMU has alot of niche students who are focusing on that, and I hear they have very good job prospects.
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:14:04 PM »
If you are not a URM, don't waste your application fee. You wont get lucky, I had the same thought. You need to shift your focus to the 20-30 range of schools, or retake the test and try to get into the high 160s (averaged out) to have a shot.
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:29:16 PM »
I would put W and L significantly above both AU and GMU.
That being said, I think AU might be better for DC proper, while GMU would be better for Northern VA. From my experience, alot of the smaller and medium sized NVA firms are peppered with GMU grads. Try a martindale search for both schools in VA and DC firms to confirm. Either way, you are better off at W and L.
« on: June 28, 2005, 03:26:14 PM »
Just curious...what are you talking about? Can you explain?
according to XOXO the median LSAT bumped up to a 168 this year.
Sorry, no info on their waitlist. Try giving them a call. Second Deposits were due the 15th and the most recent waitlist deposits were due the 20th, so they should have a good idea of their current yield. Just make sure you get past the receptionist. Ask to speak with an admissions counselor.
« on: June 28, 2005, 12:25:37 AM »
I was testing consistently in the 169-172 range, maxing out at a 175 for my best. Same thing happened to me last june, and extra long RC that came early and essentially threw me off for the test. I had spent roughly two months studying and dreaded the thought of taking it again, so I just bagged it. I'm going to a fine school anyway so in the end it was ok, but I really, really wish I had sucked it up and retaken in October to give me a shot at the T-14. I'd say that if you retake and get a 170 (keeping in mind that people typically score lower than their practice tests) averaging you out to a 166.5 (ie roundup to 167) you would have a v. decent shot at USC and a slightly less but still decent shot at UT/UCLA and the low end of the t-14s.