Last week I asked Suffolk to review my financial aid award letter. I told them what Syracuse gave me. They returned with an offer that matched and exceeded by a whopping $500. i was hoping for more since Suffolk is a tier 4 and Syracuse just broke into tier 2. I them asked Syracuse for more $ and they said "sorry you have the max." So now both deposits are due Friday and I have no idea which one to choose.
Let me be the first to post my rejection to UNLV. Dated april 4. I am very disappointed but not shocked. The cost of attending would have been nice. At least Vegas will staya as my favorite vacation spot. Off to the east coast unless a miracle happens. Good luck to the rest of you.
I have been accepted to a second tier school (Syracuse) and I really liked it. I have also been accepted to a fourth tier school (Suffolk) and I loved Boston when I visited. Syracuse is giving me five more grand to attend which I know is not a big difference. Would going to Suffolk be a bad decision because it is ranked two tiers lower and have given me less money? Since both are out of the first tier do I go for great location or higher rank? Please help me, deposits are due very soon. Thank you for all replies.
I know there are a lot of people from Boston on this board and I am looking for your insight. I have heard that Suffolk is a great regional school with a good rep. Are the job prospects good coming form Suffolk being that they are competing with so many other schools and that fact that they are a fourth teir school? Am I just falling into the rankings trap by being paranoid? Help me out here. Im in California and have never been to Boston so please help. I just dont want to saddle myself with so much debt just to be limited in opportunities when I grad. All input is appreciated.
I called Tulane for a status check because I haven't heard from them in about three months. The lady one the phone was really nice and told me that no decisions would be made this week because of spring break but she would pull my file and put in the "waiting to be reviewed file." What pile could it have been in before? I have been complete for three months and consider myself to be an auto deny.
ok, ive posted a similiar thread but am still racking my head with this decision. I have to choose between Syracuse and Suffolk both full time. I am from the west coast so have little first hand knowledge of each school. location is not a big factor or else suffolk would win hands down. the two biggest factors are securing a job right out of school and starting salary (Because of large debt). I just dont want to make the wrong decision. any advice or input would be appreciated.