Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - littletanuki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
I will be going to Rutgers-Newark unless I get a better offer from any of my outstanding applications....which at this point is unlikely, considering they are all higher ranked and include my top choices.   :-\

Well, I would revise the original email before I send it along to the dean. 

I would lose the parts about you disappointing them.  They have already decided that you probably won't "disappoint" them as they have offered you admission.  They already know that your numbers aren't at the level that they offer merit scholarships to because that's the purpose of the email, to petition for one.  I don't intend to be mean when I say this, but the original email sounds a little...cloying? 

I would just say that you are emailing to request reconsideration for a scholarship.  If you have any scholarship offers from other schools, I would definitely mention those.  I would close by saying that school X is your first choice, and that without a scholarship, it will be exceedingly difficult for you to attend, due to financial constraints. 

Choosing the Right Law School / Re: St. John's and Multiple LSATs
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:20:59 PM »
they take the higher score, as far as scholarships, i believe they took my higher lsat when determining my award as well

Forgive me, I'm still bitter than didn't offer me any scholarship money.  ::)

I addressed my letters to the person who signed my acceptance letter...usually Dean or Assistant Dean.  I thanked them for their generous admissions offer but said unfortunately, I would have to decline.  Said my decision came only after careful consideration of which school best matched my personal needs and career goals.  I also made sure to thank them for scholarship offers. 

I felt more comfortable sending the letters via regular mail than email.  I thought it was more respectful than an email, but I guess I'm a little old fashioned that way. 

Choosing the Right Law School / Re: St. John's and Multiple LSATs
« on: March 22, 2005, 05:10:27 PM »
They told me over the phone they take the higher score. 

Don't count on that policy holding for merit scholarship awards though....I'm pretty sure they take the average for those, but that's just my speculation, no confirmation on that. 

I didn't get any email from them.  Is it safe to assume I'm out and they just haven't mailed the letter yet?   :'(  They are the only school I'm really holding out for.  A miracle would have to happen for me to get into American, Temple or W&L, but I assumed I had a shot at Northeastern...

Strange.  I never got an email from them with a pin #, and I was accepted, so if it's not the Admitted Students part of the website, I'm stumped!  Why don't you give them a call and ask?  Everyone I've spoken with there has been really nice! 

Choosing the Right Law School / Re: why why why
« on: March 20, 2005, 11:09:32 AM »
Send them to me!  :)  I'm still waiting on them....hope is dwindling fast, but still I wait...  *sigh*

Is it for the Admitted Students website? 

Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists / Re: Rutgers-Newark, anyone?
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:08:12 AM »
Well, Boston is the main reason.  My husband and I went to undergrad in Boston, and I lived there for several years after.  We would like to live and work in the Boston area after I graduate, and I figure I'm more likely to get a job in the Boston area with a Northeastern degree.  I'm not sold on the rankings...Rutgers is ranked only slightly higher than Northeastern.  Plus the co-ops: I really like the idea of the practical experience the co-op offers and the fact that there are more opportunities for such experience than the normal summer associate positions. 

The PI program at Rutgers is what will make me choose them over the other schools I've been accepted to, should Northeastern not work out.  I'd like to at least have the option of choosing Northeastern over Rutgers, but the cost difference between the two schools may sway me toward Rutgers regardless. 

The bottomline: I've decided not to decide until I hear from Northeastern.   ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14