When I spoke to UNC last week, they clarified.
They are NOT MAILING out decisions on March 1.
The Dean hopes to have all the decisons MADE by March 1, at which point letters need to be printed and signed, and packages/envelopes need to be stuffed.
I'm still calling them next Friday before I leave for my trip south though. If they refuse to give me my decision over the phone, then I'm likely going to cancel the UNC part of my trip. I don't want to waste time and money looking at a school that possibly mailed me a rejection as I was visiting the campus, especially not at this point in the game.
Ugh, this is TERRIBLE news! I'm planning on visiting on the 14th so hopefully I'll hear by then. I was a bit put off when I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and they told me that they could basically do nothing for me since it's their spring break even though there will be administrative staff in the office that theoretically could
show me around campus, they won't. If i have any questions though, they'd be happy to answer them. How about did you accept me before I make the trip down there?
Glad to see I'm not the only one that's a little edgy. Hang in there, Jacy.