has this really developed into a debate on harvard vs. yale??? wow.
Messages - Neub
« on: April 21, 2005, 04:55:26 PM »
I here what you are all saying, and I am in the same boat somewhat. BC gave me a really good package, but I'm waiting on a bunch of wait lists. I'm not sure where the line is for taking the money and settling or hypothetically borrowing it all just to go to a higher ranked school.
« on: April 21, 2005, 03:32:47 PM »
I called Boston College about receiving more financial aid. They told me to email them a word document with my appeal. I emailed it to them today at 1:37 PM. I received a response email from them, tellinh me there was no more money, at 1:49 PM.
I'm not sure what you are saying here. From what I understand, getting off the wait list puts you at the end of the line for financial aid, just as it is gone now at BC, it will be gone at Duke. Is it that you are willing to pay for a Duke caliber school and not for a BC? I'm just curious because you put up something like that on another thread as well.
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:59:29 PM »
I feel the same way.
lol unclerico...well perhaps Cornell will give you the "intimacy" needed with your classmates to meet that lucky someone. Well, at least that is what I'm telling myself in hopes that in the 280 people at BC next year...
« on: April 19, 2005, 12:46:42 AM »
Correct me if I am wrong laestrella, but I think you are referring to the "preferred waiting list" when you say "priority". I just want to make sure, because I am on the preferred waiting list at GTown and I have seen no indication that this includes an offer of admission for next year. I think edfromlockstock is in another type of group entirely, but this is just my assumption.
Can you help clear this up edfromlockstock?
first off, you have some wonderful choices there and you will be fine either way.
$43k is a lot of money regardless, but three years of happiness will lead to better performace and better job opportunities, and knowing for sure (100%) that you would be happier at UPenn/Philly says a lot. If you were sort of up in the air as to how you felt about the school/area, I think the money would carry a lot more weight.
Now, being on both UPenn's and Cornell's waitlist, as long as you can't go to both simultaneously...I'm ok with your decision.