« on: March 17, 2005, 10:41:48 AM »
Just FYI - they seem to send out emails first... so it's your inbox you should be refreshing....
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - miguel
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:45:27 PM »
I was surprised to get the news of their WL yesterday. Ah well. I suppose I should send something letting them know of continued interest, even though I don't really have a lot of that... but not lacking enough to take myseld off just yet... (I would like to be in DC, but would rather gun for a spot off the GULC WL...)
« on: March 15, 2005, 10:40:22 AM »
Without any other information our suggestions are meaningless - they are obviously both great options.
Where should I go next fall? / Re: OK, if you're not in yet, is it safe to say you're not getting in??« on: March 15, 2005, 10:12:57 AM »
Burghblast - does it look like Northwestern is the front runner for you right now?
If you mean $30,000 per year.... that is just too tough to turn down. And it is not like NW is worse school - it might even be better (though I too am partial to GULC). Chicago is fine, you'll learn to like it. The money is a GREAT deal at a top school. You can go wherever you want afterwards, or at least wherever GULC would take you.
If it is $30,000 over 3 years, then it is less of a no brainer... though still tough to take no money at a comparable school like GULC. As opposed to full ride scenario, it would come down to how much you hate Chicago / love DC.
Congrats for being in the situation, though - don't lose sight of how advantageous that is!
Got a letter from them today, letting me know I was waitlisted. I guess they decided to look at my four year old (horrible) LSAT score - I guess I was surprised, but I also realize it is a tough process and nothing is guaranteed. Bleh.
You pretty much sum it up. I haven't heard or thought of any new thoughts on the matter, and out of fear of annoying them have held off on contacting the remaining schools that are really taking their time my with app. My thinking, in the end, is that hey, they have my application, I made it as strong as I could before I sent it in, and they haven't forgotten about it - I am clearly on the edge, and they have their ways of making a decision that probably has little or nothing to do with my expressed interest, and much more to do with their current and future admissions for the class.
That said, I also don't think you will give anyone a reason to ding you if you craft a very brief, very polite email or letter that veils your underlying question of "what's up, already?" with an underlying statement of "you are my top choice and I just wanted to let you know that."
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:31:28 AM »
I kind of agree with Tatersol, but I can understand the modrbid curiosity factor. If I were to send your letter in, I would make it pretty plain that I was less curious about the alleged "bigttx" situation than a practice of chat-room viewing by the UT admissions office. I think this is the thrust of your request, right?
In the end, albeit overthetop, I think it is a fair question to ask and not misleading to say that it will impact your decision to attend or not. Can't wait to hear back about how they respond!
(If it's true, they are probably already crafting a reponse internally...