This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - WitterUin4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  7 8 9 10 11 ... 60
« on: March 26, 2005, 01:27:14 AM »
Nice to hear, congratulations! What are your numbers? I sent Mrs. Guilliame, the admissions dean there an email last week about whether they received a cultural statement that I had sent them or not. I haven't heard a reply and since when I called the office they told me it will be another two weeks till I hear anything I am hoping I get a nice email like that also. My numbers are 2.9 155. Were you a February LSAT taker? I took it in February again and so told them to hold since they only take the highest score. I initially applied in November.
To see my numbers, etc. click on my LSN link
« on: March 25, 2005, 08:08:09 PM »
so, who right?
You are. Nice to see you again.
« on: March 25, 2005, 05:31:08 PM »
Notified today via very nice email. My inlaws live close to Carlisle and I got a fee waiver, so I applied. It is doubtful I'll attend, but the live-with-the-inlaws option is always a good one. (They're better than average). I must say that, despite the Dickinson bashing, I thought the campus was beautiful, Carlisle is a cute town and I really liked the school's ADR focus.
« on: March 24, 2005, 04:56:35 PM »
Not entirely sure, but when I initially asked abut waitlists, she specifically said WL decisions weren't going to be made until May.
NOOOOOO!!! My waitlist dreams are dead. ha.
Ah well, compared to the applicant pool, a rejection is definitely what I deserve.
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:53:07 PM »
And by all means I encourage everyone to call and check their status and post the results.
ha. I agree. But I emailed the admissions office and told them that I was sure they were busy b/c of the status changes and that the Internet discussion boards were all abuzz. I asked the following:
1. Are waitlists sent out by email or USPS?
2. Was there a mass decision movement? ie, all rejections, all waitlists, or a mix of decisions?
I'll let you know if I hear back. I promised I'd post the answers to the board.
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:17:36 PM »
Witter, your list of acceptances reads like a hiking vacation dream come true.
There's a reason for that.
Quality of life was my #1 factor. Not rankings. I have a family, that's why, and we like outdoors stuff. My husband's a serious cyclist and backcountry skier. I'm loving the Boulder thing right now. I'm feeling for the Cornell people here. I don't really care anymore; I just want to get waitlisted-- and I think I have a good shot at that. A better shot at a rejection, though.
« on: March 24, 2005, 01:10:24 PM »
I think all it means is that Cornell is finally getting caught up on its backlog of apps. I doubt that everyone who has gone to "decision" in the last few days is getting the same decision. I expect that many of you will be getting email messages soon. Best of luck to you all.
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:19:18 AM »
I noticed that on LSN some people added a "decision" date to their pending status. I'm assuming it's because they're us/like us and have a decision with no status, so I changed mine, as well. I suppose it gives us all something more to obsess over. I'm sure just having me in this crowd is worrisome to all of you, but I really think, as I said before, it's not going to be all one type of decision. And, as I said in my blog, I'm the Queen of Soft Factors.
« on: March 24, 2005, 11:13:20 AM »
I am still crossing my fingers that a last minute letter from the UWashington will make this a moot point but, any thoughts on Seattle U vs. UC Hastings. Right now I live in Seattle and am very happy here, own a house, am married and my husband likes his job here, but wouldn't have a hard time finding work in San Fran.
I received 10k in scholarship money at Seattle, nothing at UC Hastings, but could be instate after the first year. I know Hastings is much higher ranked than Seattle U, but if I have hopes to eventually work in the NW then which is preferable? Any thoughts would be appreciated, I'm trying to figure this out so when April 15th rolls around I will have my check filled out! Thanks!
You might consider renting out your house while you're gone if you end up at Hastings. We were going to do that, but then decided we weren't sure we wanted to end up back in Idaho. The standard appreciation, though, would have probably paid for my loans.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  7 8 9 10 11 ... 60