This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - AMB22
« on: December 07, 2004, 09:57:35 PM »
After Fall grades come out, is one required to send an updated transcript to any school that hasn't made a decision yet? Is that suppossed to be done through LSAC or sent directly to schools?
Specifically, if one's grades went down and it would be to their advantage not to send a transcript, do they still have to? do all schools expect this?
« on: December 03, 2004, 12:07:28 AM »
I only ask because I think the LORs are the strongest part of my application and I am wondering If I'm crazy to think they might push me into admit piles at schools where my numbers are above 25th but below medians.
Specifically, if someone is slightly above a schools 25th in both LSAT and GPA, (with nothing else extra compelling like Varsity athlete, Phd etc) how important are LORs?
Just interested to see what ppl think...
« on: December 02, 2004, 11:29:12 AM »
If you tell a school in an essay its your first choice and they accept you, is there any way they can hold you to that?
I put a note at the top of an optional essay telling a school it was my first choice and that if there was an ED option I would have applied ED. It is honestly true at this school that I would have applied ED if they offerred a program but technically its not my first choice. I wrote it was at the time because it really is out of my reasonable applications my first choice. I wrote this because in my mind it is because I completely write off 6 other schools as auto rejections. My question is if by some miracle I get into a super reach that I would prefer over this school and also get into this school, is there any way they can hold me to attending?
I'm guessing no but thinking about it kind of worried me. Its probably moot anyway because I havent been accepted yet (and would be lucky to be) at the school I told was top pick and none of my super reaches are likely to come through anyway.
I'm just wondering what ppl think.
(BTW: This is what I wrote at the top of an optional essay: "Note: To be clear, school x is my first choice for law school; I am not applying to any J.D. program as an early decision candidate and I would have certainly applied early decision to school x if such an option was offered.")
« on: November 15, 2004, 11:50:18 AM »
I asked this before in the fee waiver thread but didn't get any reponses so I made a new thread:
I recently got the fee waiver from Northwestern. I was not planning on applying because I have absolutely no work experience and I understand that they have a goal to have all their students have WE and in their brochure they state that 90 percent of accepted students have had at least one year.
Should I apply now? It would only cost an additional 12 dollars, however, to make a serious attempt at acceptance I would pretty much have to do their interviews that they "strongly recommend". Is it really possible to get in without any work experience?
Their splits are 3.4/3.8 and 166/170....so my 3.6/168 puts me pretty much in the middle. Is it worth a shot or should I just say @#!* it?
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:56:17 PM »
Did anyone who sent apps to Chicago or UCLA around 10/25 or so get their report requested yet? If so, when did you send your app and when was it requested. I just want to confirm that they seem to be slacking compared to the other schools I applied to.
« on: November 03, 2004, 05:57:02 PM »
« on: November 01, 2004, 11:49:20 PM »
I was reading someones post about the Cornell application and realized I didn't send anything specific on question 11, which reads:
11. On sperate sheets or electronic attachments:
a)list any scholastic honors
b)lists and describe important ECs
I did send a Resume which actually covers this information, though not in great detail. Honestly (be brutal) how much, if any does this hurt my chances?
Should I just ignore it or should I send the materials to the school with a note?
Thanks in Advance,
« on: October 29, 2004, 01:43:57 PM »
When I sent my applications in on Monday I was still waiting for my last LOR to be processed. Because I had no idea when it would get done, I included a note in my applications asking schools to please wait for the third letter. The letter got processed today...some schools already got the third letter sent, some haven't. Should I send an email to the school who have gotten my LSDAS report so far but haven't requested an updated report or should I just not do anything?
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:59:07 PM »
I sent all my applications in on Monday electronically, but for two (Harvard and NYU) on LSAC it says it was sent electronically but for those two it has "***" under paper copy...anyone else have this?
« on: October 26, 2004, 11:59:49 AM »
I may decide to apply to a school in Boston if some other schools don't pan out because I've so many good things about the city.
Can anyone offer any insights on what is better BC or BU? Specifically, what are the differences between them that would help me make a decision? Thanks.