This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Topics - Ragnar Danneskjold
« on: April 18, 2005, 10:52:09 PM »
So i started applying to law schools with the notion that there was a good possibility i would not get into any schools - ANY. Now i've been admitted to 3 (Marquette, Santa Clara, Villanova). I still have 4 more that i am waiting for, but three is pretty good so far. Now comes the conundrum...
Villanova (not sure yet, but probably $$)
Santa Clara ($$$)
What should i do ppl? Marquette is pretty much out of the picture right now (sorry golden eagles). Now the immediate choice is between Nova and SCU. SCU dropped recently, but that's not really a care for me. Villanova has risen, and (yes i am a hypocrite) that does matter to me. Question, to all of you who got into Nova, did they send you scholarship money with your admissions letter, or in a follow-up letter. There was none with mine.
Anyway, what do you guys think. Right now i am leaning to SCU with all that money they gave me. Cali is beautiful. But if nova gives me money (at least $$) then i will strongly consider them, strongly)
« on: April 17, 2005, 12:45:02 AM »
So i got this acceptance to SCU, but i don't have the letter, so i don't know how much if any aid i will get. I've read that not too many people get any good aid, and they have a cut-off of numbers for scholarshiips which i am well below. At 48K/yr, i really don't think i can afford to go there if u get no/a nominal amount of money, even though i really really want to. My credit is pretty bad from my free-wheeling college days (last year included
), and i'm trying to get my sister to help me get some loans, but i don't think she wants to do more than 10K. That won't be nearly enough. Does anyone know of anything i can do? If they offer me no/nominal money, should i call them and ask for some? How would i do that? I hate to sound whiny, but i am really looking forward to going there. If anyone has asked a school for money, can you tell me what the result was please.
Anyway, i should wait and see what the letter says before i get all hopeless and stuff.
« on: April 16, 2005, 07:30:17 PM »
Missed a call from a student who was gonna answer my questions about the schools and stuff. He left a message saying that i was accepted and stuff. I'm glad i got in. California will be a big (but welcome) change for me. I still have 6 more schools to here from, but i'm happy to have the two acceptances and two waitlists that i got.
goood luck everyone
« on: April 16, 2005, 01:36:10 AM »
Did anyone get a call from Santa Clara this week or anytime? I would think that it would at least be a waitlist, since i don't think they would be calling all of their rejects. What do you guys think? The call came around 4:40pm, i was at work until 7, but what's strange to me is that they didn't leave any message.
Anyway, if anyone has any info on this, let me know.
« on: April 14, 2005, 04:20:26 PM »
I applied to Pitt thinking that i had no chance in hell of getting in. And that may still be true, a wait list is not an acceptance. But it's good to know that i will not be kicked to the curb out-right. Schools don't put people (who have lower numbers) on the waitlist for nothing, right? This put me in a good mood for today. If Pitt wait listed me, then maybe Villanova will accept me...hmmm....i wonder. Well, i still have seven more schools to hear from, so wish me luck and the same to all you out there.
By the way, i got my wait list by email today, and i applied in middle-late feb in case anyone was wondering.
« on: April 09, 2005, 07:44:47 PM »
Yeah, they gave me the shaft. Couple questions:
Does anyone know what kind of chances i have of getting off this waitlist?
Should i do as they ask and send in supplemental info. I have no more letters of rec. because my old professors are practically senile. and i have not been doing anything extremely interesting cause i have been preparing for LS. oh well, que sera, sera.
I guess it's better than being rejected. Oh wait...no it's not.
« on: April 08, 2005, 10:01:07 PM »
Yaaaaaay! I'm finally in somewhere. I don't care if it is cold up there. This is my first acceptance, so i am really psyched. I still have 9 remaining however, so i'm still a little nervous. But at least i know if i don't get in anywhere else, i'm still going to law school. My father (who passed) would be very proud of me.
This is super-sweet!
« on: April 02, 2005, 10:22:44 AM »
I was never really expecting to get in there, so i'm not upset or anything. I have been dinged from my last choice and my first choice, so all thats left are the ones in the middle. I just wish they would get it over with already.
« on: March 28, 2005, 08:54:05 PM »
I got a letter stating that they would admit me if i took a summer program with a couple of courses. And they would only admit me to the part-time program. That blows. If it was the full-time program, i might do it, but part-time, gimme a break.
Still have 11 other apps remaining, think i will be dinged flat-out at 6, have a chance at the other 4. Wish me luck.
« on: March 15, 2005, 03:12:17 PM »
I just received this email from Seattle Univeristy Law, it is a little confusing. Has anyone received a similar email, and if so, what was the final decision? I tried to check my file status online, but their website is acting up.
Thank you for your continued interest in the Seattle University School of Law. This email is to advise you that your applicant file has been made complete. We will notify you of the decision as quickly as possible so that you can finalize your plans. However, please note that at the earliest, decisions will be available late-April. The decision on your file is final and will be mailed via standard mail. Please do not call or email to learn this final decision of your file as our policy is to NOT provide any decision via phone or email.
You see that they say "We will notify you of the decision as quickly as possible...decisions will be available late-April", but then they state "The decision on your file is final and will be mailed via standard mail." I have a feeling that this is a rejection, which is why they tell me not to call them. Oh well, que sera, sera.