Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mtbrider59

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
UGPA 2.85
LSAT 152

Accepted: University of Baltimore
Waitlisted: American
Rejected: Santa Clara University, University of Richmond, University of Maryland, George Mason

Ok, I think for now, I'm just going to wait & see what Golden Gate and McGeorge say, chances are I'll stay put in California at least for a while and continue in my current industry, energy, then move into a legal position focused on energy and environmental law which would seem to be a good fit with my experience and background. Right now I'd probably lean towards Golden Gate due to the strength of their environmental law program. I tried Santa Clara but they rejected me and are now suggesting that I think about attending elsewhere, either an ABA school or even a non ABA school, then try to transfer next year.  Though i guess if the right job opportunity comes about soon, I might try Baltimore or American

In at University of Baltimore, waitlisted at American, still waiting to hear from Golden Gate, McGeorge

UGPA is 2.85- BSEE Virginia Tech
LSAT- 152
Also an MBA w/3.71 GPA
and lots of work experience.
As of now I've been accepted to UBalt's evening program and waitlisted to AMerican's WCL.
I currrently live/work in the SF Bay Area so either of these choices would require relocating(I grew up in the Wash-Balt area, so I wouldn't mind leaving sunny Cal behind as I'll probably return to the Maryland area sometime anyway). I'm still waiting to hear from Golden Gate and  McGeorge. I can probably do the commute to GGU- so no relocation or job change needed. Though with McGeorge, I'd have to relocate and change jobs to the Sac area.  I need to submit my deposit to UBalt by 5/1, and won't have a job back there by that time, plus I'm still waiting on GGU & McGeorge who might not have their decisions to me by then;so I guess I'm either going to have to turn UBalt down or see if they could defer me until I can find employment back there(I believe there could be good opportunities for me ther in my field, it would just take some time to get r done). Also, the same holds true for American, if the contact me off their wait list I'm probably going to have to say no until such time as I find employment in the area. I'm hoping that GGU accepts me as this is the easiest transition for me. Is GGU a good choice or would I be better off persuing UBalt or maybe American?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]