Wow, interesting...well let's just say I'm glad to hear that you got into UM!
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
I'm in at Boalt, Penn, and GULC, and am a CA resident, so I'll immediately get in-state at Boalt. My family's back East, so it'd be nice to be closer to them, but I don't want that to be the main reason for a decision. I'm assuming Penn and Boalt (and maybe GULC, but whatever) will be fairly transportable degrees.
The thing is, my app still seems to be in the hopper at HLS and I haven't gotten any Dean Stock emails... and it's April 2. Given I've gotten no notification whatsoever from them since they told me it was "still under review" in February, I'm assuming every day that passes makes getting W/L'ed more likely. Frankly I don't want to sit around on a waitlist till August, but I also don't want to completely write HLS off only to find out I'm in.
1. Is it unheard of to get an offer from HLS without speaking to Toby Stock?
2. Assuming the decision is between Boalt and Penn, what do I do?
This board needs a hot asian girl thread, with pictures of fine asian american models. That is all.
no it doesn't.
Wayne has a very good reputation in Detroit. The top 20% of the class will have very good chances at a Detroit biglaw job. I can't speak for what happens to the rest of the class--I really gave up looking into it once I got my Michigan acceptance--but Wayne is my undergrad, and I would have probably gone there if I hadn't gotten the Michigan offer. If you have any specific questions, PM me and I will give you whatever info I can.
i can pretty much assure you that you won't have any problems going back to california from chicago....everyone i know here who wanted to go back to CA got jobs in whatever market they wanted (and that includes a few people i know who were around bottom 10-20% of the class). i had several offers in silicon valley and i'm nowhere near the top of the class.
is duke giving you $60,000 per year or total? if it's $20,000 per year, i would probably do chicago. if it's $60,000 (so basically full tuition) per year, it would be a pretty tough choice.
Why isn't there a cats and dogs option?
So no one feels I need to reevaluate the other schools (Duke, Cornell, etc.)? Waver, waffle, waver...