This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - RokoMotion
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 
« on: November 14, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
My last recommender sent in my final letter on Friday November 2nd. It has now been nearly two weeks, and LSDAS has still not processed the letter. Of course, as school after school completes my application and I'm missing my final LOR, I'm starting to freak out.
Is any one else in the same position as me? How long should I keep compulsively checking LSAC's LOR database to see if the letter has arrived until I should be able to legitimately start to be worried that something's gone wrong?
« on: November 13, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »
I have applied and have not yet been notified.
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:39:56 AM »
I go to OSU for undergrad (senior, now). I have been in the Law School, and you are right in saying that it's quite nice. Deceptively nice, actually. The only thing that I wanted to caution you about is the parking issue.
Parking absolutely sucks here. There really isn't any good place to park (they try to cram 50,000 students onto the campus), and the campus hasn't done anything to alleviate it. Most law students buy an upgraded parking pass so that they can park in parking decks (roughly 550$), but even these are a decent 10-15 minute walk away. Unless you find housing closer, you won't have a shorter walk to class every day.
But OSU is a great school and I would suggest considering it. I just have been grumbling about the parking here for four years, and I vowed that if I ever met some one considering coming here, I'd let them know my annoyance.
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:06:56 PM »
I applied ED for Penn, so i'm really hoping it works out for me (3.97/169).
1. How do you view their constitutional law program (what I want to do) compared to other similar schools?
2. How does Penn place in terms of federal clerkships? How do you feel Penn is viewed compared to other T14 schools in this area?
3. What do you feel is most misunderstood about Penn? Underrated?
« on: October 31, 2007, 11:44:19 PM »
I applied to Penn for early decision...so hopefully that works out. A couple questions:
1. What do you think of the campus, generally? It sucks that it was rebuilt in a new location in 1900s. Do you feel a sense of "history" there, or is it just modern and clinical?
2. How is their con-law program, compared to other schools in T-14?
3. What is every one's beef with Penn around here, exactly? It seems to get absolutely no love from these boards. And how do you feel about those specific accusations?
4. Any specific Penn-related advice for an incoming 1L?
« on: October 31, 2007, 03:05:20 PM »
I am a senior at OSU and have lived in Ohio all my life. If you can get into OSU's Honors and Scholars program, it is by far the best curriculum in Ohio for you. If you can't, then I'd say OSU is still about like the other top Ohio schools, though Case may be slightly better. For the price, though, OSU is the best choice. The university's big enough that you can get whatever you want from it, provided that you work hard enough.
« on: October 25, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »
not a URM...unfortunately. Did have some decent diversity factors though (failing public school system, 60% African American).
« on: October 25, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »
I just submitted my app early today for Penn. My GPA is 3.97 (from Ohio State), and my LSAT is at 169. Good research/Internships in DC and strong LORs. What do you think my chances are of getting in?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33