« on: March 20, 2008, 09:00:07 AM »
Funny you should mention my kitty... I've just started thinking about giving her up. She's almost 2 now and instead of getting sweeter, she's getting more violent-- lots of biting. I swear she's part bobcat.
Schools do not like this. I talked to a BC ad-com about this, and he said that it makes him really mad when students do that. Applicants have sufficient time to decide on what school they wish to attend before deposits are due, and if this is not the case, an applicant can ask for an extension.
Asking for extensions is also an option. I forgot about that one. Plus it saves you money!
I applied to UH in late November, and did not change to "in review" until 1/28/08. The following week when UH updated their site, 2/4/08, I was changed to "decision mailed." I received an acceptance the same day they updated my status on their website. UH requires a seat deposit by 4/1/08. I hope this answers a few of your questions.
I too am a TX resident.