Please help me!
OK for Section 2: #s 10, 19
10. I chose A. After going through the problem, I can see why it is incorrect and why E is the correct choice. However, I can also see D being true. Can someone explain why D is wrong?
19. I chose C and crossed off D. I am totally confused on this one.
Section 4: 6, 12, 22, 23
6. I chose D and crossed off B and E. I thought D was correct..
12. Even after going back and reviewing this one, I can still see the truth in D.
22. I chose B.
23. I chose C.
Thank you in advance!! =)
10. Wouldn't have picked D because neither one of them was talking about the rationality of pursuing wealth.
19. I don't really know how to effectively explain how D is the correct answer. You should look at the logical reasoning bible, it discusses these kinds of problems in detail or maybe someone else here can.
Section 4: I don't have the answers to these with me so I could be wrong
6. I'd pick A. The argument already adresses that the myths developed independently and I don't see how any further demnostration would be relevant to the argument. As for the fear of horses in the conclusion, the argument doesn't establish that the creature truly represents the horse in ppl's minds after all, if it's half man and half horse, it could represent man or something else all together.
12. A. Read the stimulus a bit more closesly. There is
evidence/proof that the oil industry does not have the highest profits so D cannot be the answer
22. C. The conclusion says that the division does not increase barriers because the new small countries are not self-sufficient so the economist must be assuming that you have to be self-sufficent in order to put up barriers to free trade.
23. I would pick A but I'm not confident about it so I can't really explain.
Hope all that made sense.