« on: April 24, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »
ok, so here's my predicament: i was offered admission at state school A and private school B and i am waiting to hear from state school C. all are comparably ranked and in places i would want to live although i would marginally prefer the location of B over A. i am out of state at state school A but at the time of acceptance, it was possible to get in-state status after 1L year. easy decision. since then however, school A's state government has passed a law making it harder to get in-state tuition (yeah nice timing). this makes things a little more difficult, but school A's tuition (even out of state) was still significantly cheaper than private school B. so i mail my deposit, no big deal.
TODAY, i find out school A perhaps wants to increase tuition by $4,000 in order to fund expansion. this is an estimate of the "average" cost per student and my fear is that out of state students will be forced to shoulder much of the burden and it will be more than $4,000 for me. so now, all of a sudden, maybe not much difference in cost between the two schools, but school B's deposit deadline has already passed. i want to contact school B and see if i can still get a spot, but further complicating this, i'm still waiting to hear from state school C, which i would attend over either of the other two.
what should i do???