« on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:21 AM »
I had this exact same problem last year. I got into some schools, but I didn't think they were worth the money. I knew I could do better on the LSAT due to the time I had to prepare the first time I took it, so I decided to retake and apply again. After a 5 point increase I am in a waaaay better situation this year, and I don't regret my decision to wait in the least.
My advice to you would be to wait and retake IF you know you could do better. The debt is a big deal, and getting into a better school or getting scholarships could be worth the year of waiting. I definitely thought about the fact that my earning potential in the year while I was waiting to go to law school would probably be less than the year after law school. Therefore, in the same 4 year period I would have made more money getting the law degree right away, but I figured the difference probably would not make up for the fact that I could get scholarships, or go in state (which could save me about $60,000 over 3 years). You would also be getting work and real life experience in that year, which could be beneficial to your application.
Good luck in whatever you decide!