I also think my very early point about T3/T4 students with defensive stereotypes (imagining that everyone at the T14 is a "spoiled rich straight-from-undergrad blue-blood type with no 'real world' problems and experiences, who will have a terrible quality of life and work a million hours" so that you can console yourself with "I will be happy in my low-paying job!" where you have to work just as many hours for no pay) and lame "I could have been a contender!" or "There's no real difference!" statements was pretty well evidenced. Exhibit A: Hugh Jass. Not only do those people come off as jerks as well, but they also sound delusional.
Exhibit B: Jondub. He just made this exact same lame argument.
I totally agree with this post. I don't go to a t3 or t4 but I support you guys in all you do. This board and so many others are actually pretty disgusting. Where you go to school does not wholly determine where you will be in 10 years and if truly do think that, then you are very naive.
All people who go to law school, any law school, are pretty smart or at least ambitious. Someone going to a top 10 law school may be smart, but I would tend to aay that they are not as ambitious as one who goes to a lower ranked school. Ambition for me is 99% of the game, rankings is the other 1%. Firms won't hire you just because you graduated from a top 10-25 law school, you kind've still have to be good, despite what a lot of people think. Mind you I am not talking about Harvard Yale or Stanford.
I just wanted to say that it really doesn't matter one bit where you go, what matters is what you want to do, what you have done to get there, and whether or not you can stick to your goals without being distracted, etc. Most of the people at big firm jobs and I am not knocking people who love big firms, quit within 5 years because they can't take it, so while they'll make boatloads of cash, trust me, most of them will hate their lives after that. Either way, whatever floats your boat. Don't knock the players in the game, knock the game itself. People who just come on here to rant about rankings are beyond pathetic, they need to be looking for jobs instead of looking for affirmation. They can't get it from mommie and daddie enough so they get it online haha.