Reasons for Martin (not really sure of its applicability elsewhere, but pretty much in order of importance):
1. Fiancee had much better job prospects than Nashville (which was *my* other school)
2. They offered me a nice scholarship
3. Only T14 I had to choose from
4. I like the Southern weather (flew up to visit my folks in NYC this last weekend, and it was FREEZING on Sunday... In APRIL!!)
5. Pretty sure I want to practice in DC, but didn't want to live on a student's budget there for 3 years.
6. Good impression from the ASW, which I talked about here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,103645.msg2665420.html#msg2665420
Someone in the Michigan vs. Duke thread talked about a bunch of parents at the ASW, but I only saw a couple, and I managed to talk to a couple dozen other 0Ls, none of whom had their folks with them.