« on: May 13, 2007, 08:18:17 AM »
Out of curiosity, what could be a legitimate reason for three lower LSATs followed by one higher LSAT?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - NewHere
I appreciate your optimism, queenslifesci, but I doubt that that is the case. What he said was, paraphrased, "We send out most decisions within eight weeks. I see for you that period has just barely passed, so in your case it is going to be a bit longer than the average. But a decision on your file is going to be made very soon." I suppose the same might be the case for you, queens and ouch. I called on Wednesday, so it could be "very soon" meant at the end of last week (and I'm about seven mail days away from the US.) By the way, for those who consider calling, the representative I spoke to did sound a bit irritated.
Granted, they could have rejected us long ago, but on the other side, if they really wanted to admit us, they could have done so already.
Anyhow, good luck to both of you, queenslifesci and ouchitburns.
Arthur: there are several people who went complete on March 8th or March 15th whose applications are still pending:
That said, if a school is going to yield protect you, I have to wonder why you're going to that place.
It depends: for example, if you have a family and want to stay where you live, there may happen to be only one law school near enough for you to consider. Of course if that is the case, the school is a T3 and you are 'unlucky' enough to have a 175 LSAT, you have to make very clear in your personal statement or "Why X school?" essay why you are applying.
« on: May 12, 2007, 06:57:35 AM »
Older LSAT scores will only get dropped if they are older than five years. It's true that you can take it three times in a two-year period, but that doesn't mean that a maximum of three scores is reported to law schools.
Hi, I think I may be the poster on the other board katluva was referring to: I went complete on March 8 and called Harvard earlier this week. They said they hadn't made a decision yet, but a decision was expected 'very soon'.
However, as much as I would like to believe ArthurKing, at this point I've lost all hope: they accepted a whole bunch of applicants off the waitlist yesterday, so at this point even a place on the waitlist is practically worthless.
I take it you didn't receive a phone interview? (I didn't.) It's hard to see that as a positive sign. If they were really interested in admitting us, we would have been called for an interview.
« on: May 10, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
How do you know there's still time? They are already admitting people off the waitlist.
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:33:53 PM »
No (still waiting for any decision -- rejection/waitlist), but of course it's a good sign. Good luck!
French grades are on a 20 point scale, except that 17, 18, 19, or 20 are basically never awarded. I don't know a single french person who has ever gotten more than a 16 in a class. So while a 16 might numerically be the same as an 80, in terms of MEANING it's the same as an A.
I know what you mean. I studied in the Dutch system, where the grades are on a 10-point scale, and 10s and 9s are rare. What you could do, if LSAC does nothing with the foreign grades, is send the school a conversion table. My transcript was evaluated by LSDAS, and while they didn't convert the GPA into a 4-point GPA, they added a table saying 10 = A+, 9 = A, 8 = A-, 7 = B, 6 = C, 1-5 = F. This table was taken from an official study, and was the same as a table supplied by my university as a diploma supplement for people who want to use their diploma abroad. Perhaps the French school could provide you with a similar conversion table?