hahaha nice reference.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - jamiek12
i can't believe it's nearing july and i don't know what state i'll be living in come august/sept. it looks like i'm heading to michigan though, which is a good school but a looong drive for me. what are your options if penn doesn't call?
hey daredevil. i'm still waiting for penn also. i read that post on xoxo and it doesn't seem like they made him an official offer. it would be a male private part move if penn called to see if he was interested and then rejected him, so he's probably in. however, i don't think they started making offers yet b/c there are a ton of waitlisted ppl on that site and nobody else has been called. do you agree? good luck, let me know if you get called
« on: June 15, 2004, 09:33:39 AM »
Hey! I am in a similar situation. My bf and I have been together for 1 and a half years...he'll be in NJ working on a Masters next year while I'll be in Ann Arbor. I'm a little worried because I haven't had to deal with anything like this before. Anyone have good advice? I have one suggestion..when you miss your bf/gf..go to the library. It won't help the relationship but maybe it would free up some visiting time for later.
i did my kaplan audition on "How to Tell a Believable Lie" They seemed to like it because I tried to make it funny..which also made me less nervous because people laughed and eased the tension in the room. so my suggestion would be to pick something light that you are comfortable enough to improvise with. I did get the job..if that helps...but quit in teacher training b/c there was a good deal of extra preparation and it was in the middle of a tough semester.
yay! 2 normal people. i'm just reading for fun, working, and hanging out with friends this summer. as a pre-law student, i feel like i need to do something to get ahead. but i've been advised that the best thing to do is to go in with a clear head, ready to study...not burnt out from studying general law books. have a good summer!
hey, no hard feelings. i really am pulling for uva, anyway. thanks for the lease info. i guess i should call michigan and find out about breaking the lease...i just didnt want to admit that i am commiting to their school but would rather be elsewhere. good luck with upenn...seems like one school where there could actually be light at the end of the waitlist
i've been looking for apartments online just in case i end up at either school and uva is so much better in that department - really big apts. for much less $...where would you live if you went to upenn, rcowell? at home?
hey rcowell - i have a question about housing leases...you are signing your DC lease anyway? I need to send my michigan housing lease in in 2 days ...do you know how much $ you are responsible for if you back out? if it is a lease from the school itself, does not attending that school cancel the lease? i wish i went through law school already b/c then i would probably know!
I called UVA this morning to inquire about their PWL and was told that they would know after the July 1st deposit deadline whether or not they will be accepting off of their waitlist.
Also, I called UPenn and an admissions officer told me that they would be accepting people from their waitlist within the next week or 2.
I had been waiting patiently for too long and finally had to call and annoy the admissions people. I can't take this anymore! Anyone else in the same boat? There are probably thousands of us...good luck everyone