yeah i plan on playing this game tomorrow. i have two deposits in but santa clara just accepted me about a week ago and theyre giving me 14k for the first year. the scholarship is renewable too. honestly, i don't have a true top choice this late in the game so i am seriously considering santa clara...although i would say i am leaning toward miami. it's just that 14k is a lot of money to pass up if i dont have money at any other school. i'll call up Miami admissions tomorrow and see if they are willing to give me some money. it certainly would make my decision much easier.
Perhaps I shouldn't have withdrawn from Santa Clara as soon as I received their acceptance letter. Maybe waiting a few days would have produced a scholarship that I could have used with USD. I did try to use the McGeorge scholarship and received no response until a random letter arrived at my door. I guess USD doesn't negotiate, at least that's what they said when I called them up.
well it's great that thing worked out in the end for you.
i'm sort of freaking out because i already have 2 deposits out. but santa clara's is due on the 14th. at least i can visit this school since i live nearby. i don't have a car at the moment so i couldnt just drive down to USD to visit them. what sucks is that my friend who is a 1L at SCU is only done with school on the 15th. ugh. and of course, i also have a second deposit at Loyola-Chicago to deal with on June 1st. and my trip to miami is only happening on memorial day weekend.
honestly, i am not too hopeful about getting any scholarship money from miami this late in the game. we'll see what happens. i'm about to call their admissions up now.
What were your numbers? With the schools you got into, I'm surprised Miami gave you nothing. The only thing I can tell you is I'll be withdrawing this week and freeing up 23k/year at Miami. Maybe they'll pass it on to you.