So, here's the story. I took the LSAT in Sept, got a 158, and was semi-disappointed. My practice scores were all in this range, however, so I guess I couldn't have expected much higher. In January, after applying to Brooklyn Law, I got a letter from them urging me to retake the test, as my score falls slightly below their average. I told them to hold my application, and signed up for the February test.
Fast forward a couple weeks, and let's just say that I haven't practiced and do not feel confident that my score will improve enough to be accepted there. If I were to get in with a 158, the $50,000+ yearly expense would be a huge issue for me. After just getting into Rutgers Newark, one of my top choices, I am hesitant about retaking for several reasons:
1- I don't think I have a great shot of improving
2- By the time my score will come in, it will be late February and my chances for admission to Brooklyn will be lowered (even with a slight improvement)
3- I don't think I can afford the school if I don't get money to go there
So, basically there is a chance my score could go up. By some miracle, I could earn a 165 and get money to attend schools who do want me. However, that chance is so-so.
In my place, would you retake the LSAT, submit your application as-is to Brooklyn, or withdraw from Brooklyn?
I apologize for this long-winded post, but I'm pretty confused about this...