Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - afer1500

Pages: [1] 2
1
1L job search / Job offer but pay is low...should I counter?
« on: March 04, 2008, 04:04:57 PM »
I was offered a job in a city about 35-45 minutes away. Small firm, salary is 10 per hour. I'll be taking over for the paralegal (and his duties) all summer long (leaving to take the bar)he does all the paperwork for immigration, juvenile court, etc. I'll also be translating at court on certain days, and some other clerk work. They've offered 10 dollars per hour w/ a review at 90 days for a possible raise. The owner guaranteed position when I graduate and pass the bar (salary unknown). I'll also have work on a p/t basis during the fall of next year and whenever I'm free. I'm top 25% at T4. The salary is imo insanely low and I'm wondering if I should counter, further is it appropriate to make a counter offer at this stage in the game. I think I'm probably the top candidate from either of the two schools near the firm because I can speak and write in Spanish which is the firms main clientèle and really no one in these area seems to speak or write spanish. Advice appreciated.

2
1L job search / Job offer hypo
« on: January 30, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
If you are going in for interviews right now, possibly for PI work or internships w/ Prosecutors office and an offer is made...What is the appropriate way to say "I like this offer but I want to see if something better/different/paying may come along"




3
1L job search / Include class rank and % in resume?
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:19:51 PM »
Should I include both? and if yes, Is top 27% tacky? or just stick to top 25%, top 30%, top 50%?

4
Transferring / Dayton to American or Catholic
« on: January 22, 2008, 08:25:39 AM »
3.109 LGPA
34/133 TOP 30%
2.75-2.85 B- Minus curve @ UD

Possible?

5
Transferring / Possible transfer options
« on: January 21, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
34/133 Top 30%
GPA 3.109
149LSAT
UGPA 2.7

Which schools are realistic options?

I prefer, NYC, D.C., Chicago, Seattle, but I'm not limited to these areas. TIA


 

6
Where should I go next fall? / Anyone have problems w/ dell
« on: August 15, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
Had to cancel my order for a laptop because they wouldn't ship until 9/5...

anyone else have similar problems?

7
Where should I go next fall? / Who is attending NIU in the fall?
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:24:32 PM »
well?

8
Where should I go next fall? / Northern Illinois University
« on: February 20, 2007, 09:13:30 AM »
I was recently accepted to NIU in Dekalb but am really undecided about attending especially after speaking w/ the addmissions rep. She basically told me that the culture shock of moving from Miami,FL to Dekalb, Ill could be a bit overwhelming. I've never been to Dekalb but I plan to visit, asap. I'm also well traveled so it is not like I've never left Miami, I've just never lived in such a small town. In addition to her comments about the city being only 60k people and the winters being brutal I'm nervous because I'm not sure what kind of contacts I could expect to make in Dekalb. The one "pro" that keeps making me thinking NIU is the place for me is its tuition, which is slightly over 10k after 1L. I have other options and I'm going to lay them on the table to try and get some info from the masses. The other schools that are real options are NESL, Valpo, Saint Louis U. (summer institute), and Tulsa. My final goal is to work in government either state or federal but I have not ruled out future work with the FBI or some other national agency. So what say ye?

9
Where should I go next fall? / Withdrawing
« on: December 11, 2006, 08:35:19 PM »
I have schools which I've applied to which even if they accept me I will not be attending because I have already been a accepted to a school which I prefer. I do not want to tie up tie/space that someone else may otherwise use. In cases such as this do people generally send a letter informing the schools that they wish to be withdrawn from consideration or should I just go ahead and wait until they either accept me or reject me?

If I should send a letter who should I address it to?


10
Where should I go next fall? / Question about Part Time programs
« on: November 02, 2006, 10:24:54 AM »
I have applied to about 25 schools but mainly for the F/T programs. If I want to be considered for the P/T programs that some schools offer do I need to send a letter informing them of these or will they just consider me automatically? TIA

Pages: [1] 2