This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - kaniff
« on: November 25, 2006, 02:46:54 PM »
OMG I need the Sept. LSAT really bad.
I ordered it a couple days ago but I doubt it will come in time.
Thanks to anyone who can send it to me. Much appreciated!
My email is email@example.com
Again, thanks so much in advance.
Where should I go next fall? / Re: What was that site that calcs. ur % of getting into ABA schools based on ur #s?« on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:06 PM »
that wasn't it...it was a third party website that was real barebones...
Where should I go next fall? / What was that site that calcs. ur % of getting into ABA schools based on ur #s?« on: September 26, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »
I knew there was a site out that does these calculations for you, but I forgot it...anyone know? Thanks...
You do not have to apply early. Espically when you are a splitter. Law schools usually waitlist you and decide on you later. So applying early as a splitter is not much of the advantage you would think it be .
I never thought of that. Great point. Thanks for all the great advice guys - it means a lot.
I can't wait until next year to apply because I don't want to put my life 'on hold' any longer. I want to move on to pursuing my dreams ASAP. I won't consider taking any LSAT later than the Dec. one, no matter what score I get on it. I really don't know what to do. But after listening to some of you guys, I think it's best to get the best score possible, regardless of getting my apps in early or later.
The benefit I'll miss the most is being able to show my great interest in any particular school by applying early. Are there any other ways to show any particular school how much I want to attend there? That their acceptance of me won't be put to waste? Thanks again guys...I'm only half freaking out now...
First off, thanks for the advice.
I'm pretty positive if I took all 47 preptests that I would be consistently scoring in the 170s. My issue is familiarity and confidence. I've done Powerscore's LRB and LGB but haven't actually applied those tools into use. I know and have the tools, but I haven't collected enough scrap wood to put those tools into use yet. I need to chop down some trees to be able to play in the fields of green pastures. I've been to Home Depot and went on a shopping spree but have no home. OK that's enough.
But seriously, would applying early help a low GPA average LSAT person like me significantly? Something tells me if I'm not a splitter, I'd get flatout rejected...
I know there are tons of postpone threads out there but my situation is a little different.
So I'm signed up for the Sept. LSAT and find myself underprepared, scoring around 160. I've only taken 4 exams so far, and am obviously needing more practice. I graduated in '05 with a 2.5 GPA from a top15 undergraduate school and have been doing oddjob public interest things since then. My goal was to rock the Sept. LSAT with a 170 or above and then be able to apply early decision to some 1st tier schools that I feel I can be able to get into, despite my low GPA. Since my whole plan was to become a splitter, and now that I don't think I will be able to become one as of yet, I'm seriously thinking about postponing my LSAT date to Dec.
My question lies in determining the cost/benefit of taking the test now and getting a lower score but still being able to apply early, or to postone the test and getting a higher score but not being able to apply early.
Please help out this freaking out freak...
Did I mention, my LSAT score is a do or die situation for my hopes of getting to any tier one schools....