Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - kaniff

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Financial Aid / Re: Lenders for Stafford Loans
« on: May 15, 2008, 01:02:14 PM »
Does anyone here with a good financial background help me decipher which one is the best one?

I was going to use T.H.E. or Graduate Leverage, but they both are shut down temporarily because of the declining markets. 

Some look real tempting, like Higher Education Solutions with a 4% principal reduction after 30 months.

I can't tell if some are trapping me.

I'm going to Temple and can't figure out which one to use!!  Argh!!   ??? :-[ ??? :-[ :-\ ???

Thanks in advance guys.

Doesn't hurt to ask right?  :D

BTW, are you going to Brooklyn PennyLane?

Hey guys.

So I applied to mostly PT programs and have been accepted to them.

I didn't apply to FT programs, but a couple gave me the choice to go FT if I wanted.

These are all second tiers.

The schools I got in as a PT student are far superior.

My goal is still to land a degree in a Top 25 school.  So yes, my goal is to do well enough as a 1L to be able to transfer out.

My question is, if I go to a PT program, can I transfer into a T25 fulltime program?  Or would I have to wait until I take my classes I'm lacking my summer after my first year?

I don't know if I'd meet the minimum requirements to be able to transfer, let alone meet the deadlines for transfer students once taking the classes in the summer.  Or can I apply with my summer classes pending?  Any insight would be great!  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Law School Admissions / Re: Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:52:16 PM »
Anyone else have any ideas?

Law School Admissions / Re: Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?
« on: April 16, 2008, 08:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the input Red!!   ;D

I think I will call them when I get the official letter.  Or should I email them?  And should I contact the Dean?

The thing is, my stats don't match up within their range for FT.  And I didn't apply to better schools than that one, well to one, but I didn't hear from them yet and won't until a couple weeks later. 

Decisions, decisions.  I thought this would be the easiest part!

Law School Admissions / Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:27:08 AM »
I just got accepted to a 2nd Tier school to a PT program.  I got accepted to other 2nd Tiers FT programs.  The one I got accepted to PT, is the one I want to go to.  However, I didn't even apply to their FT program. 

Just wondering, how possible is it to get them to reconsider me for FT admission?  Is it even worth asking for?  I hope they wouldn't put me into the regular applicant pool and then reject me.  That would suck.

Any input would be great guys.

Studying for the LSAT / Re: Can I make up for my past?
« on: December 05, 2006, 07:32:37 PM »
Do schools really look down upon a canceled score?  As in, factor it into their decision?

Studying for the LSAT / Re: How do you guys self study?
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:56:56 AM »
Lol, someone actually followed JGR's advice? I thought it was always obvious that he was a troll.

Very sorry to hear that kaniff. I hope you have better luck in February.

Thanks.  This time around, I won't be so obsessed with the LSAT - it was the nerves and pressure that did me in.

Studying for the LSAT / Re: How do you guys self study?
« on: December 05, 2006, 08:43:15 AM »
I took A LOT of advice from JGR and took it to heart [postponed Sept.LSAT, canceled Dec.LSAT b/c I was convinced I still have a chance for this cycle].

This thread is making me regret doing so without a background check.

Lesson learned.

Too bad Megan's Law doesn't apply to advice molesters.

Studying for the LSAT / Re: should i cancel my lsat?
« on: December 04, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »
Oh, I get it - I thought she meant that people who take the test in Feb. do really bad on the test!  So glad, I don't want to have to take the test in June after they change it!  Oh well, I'll apply to some schools with my Feb. LSAT - if I don't get in anywhere that I want to go I'll either apply early for next year, or apply to some of the schools that let 1L start in the spring.

OP- if you really didn't think you did well you should cancel.  It's still possible to be admitted in February, and if you don't get in anywhere you wanted to, then wouldnt you rather apply next year and go to a school you really want to go to, then apply now and go to a school you're not that excited about because you have less choices?
This was my thought process when I decided to postpone.  Good luck!

Do you have a backup plan if you don't get into the schools you want this cycle?  I know you'll have to wait a year, but what are you going to do in the interim?  Are you still in school or do you have a job or are you unemployed?  Just asking, cuz I really need to figure out what I'm going to do if I don't get in this cycle...

I'm canceling this past test and retaking in Feb...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5