Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - 10shot

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Studying for the LSAT / Re: about test date change and cancel
« on: January 14, 2007, 06:04:04 PM »
It is possible to move from February to June.  I think that you just have to wait until LSAC updates the website with all of the test dates for June.  I definitely wouldn't just cancel if I were you.  You can find this information if you read through the test date change information located here

Studying for the LSAT / Re: Feb test takers
« on: January 14, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
I'm trying to decide.  I haven't studied near as much as most but am seeing a lot of improvement quickly.  I am hoping that my last test wasn't a fluke and that I can keep up the pace I have set so far in improvement.  Needless to say, if I can keep pushing up my score leading up to feb. I will be retaking right alongside you.  I'd probably have to be getting consistent high 160's though.  If not I'll wait until June.

It is going to be a tough decision for me.  I would like to get it all over in february but I know that I can probably score higher if I just wait.  I'll keep you posted I suppose.

Yeah, I saw that page too.  Had me worried for a minute until I found it.  It looks like I'll still be able to change if need be.  Which is definitely a relief.  On a positive note I hit 160 for the first time today on my 4th practice test.  I was so excited I had to say something about it. Hopefully it keeps climbing like it has.

Why can't you go from Feb to June?

Na, I knew what you were talking about city slicker I just had to give you a hard time, lol.  We haven't been assigned a specific country yet.  Everything with the Peace Corps takes forever until the end where it sounds like you get an assignment (date, time, place) about a month before you leave.  But it seems like we will probably be somewhere on the west cost because we were told we had to take some french classes.  But that could just be standard issue for anyone they send to Africa I'm not sure.  Should know more in about a month.  We are supposedly leaving sometime in July.  Thanks for the interest though.  That is awesome that you were in Kenya!

And Yale is only a dream.  A pipe dream based on my diagnostic LSATs so far, lol.  Hopefully the bibles will get me up there where I want/need to be.

Although I don't necessiarily agree with your view of "slaving away" the last part of your post answered the question.  I think it would be extremely difficult for me to study while I am in Africa.  However, if I do horribly both times now then I plan to retake when I get back.

Most schools will take scores that are 5 years old.  There is only one school in the t14 that takes scores from less and even then it is 3 years.  Basically, I don't want to have to worry about it while I'm over there and I would like to be able to come back and get started right away in the admissions cycle.  With my current projected departure date, I would be returning in september which would mean that I would have to take the september test to qualify for the admissions cycle that year (one shot after being gone 2 years just isn't appealing).

Thanks for pointing that out, I will change it in the op.

Ok, so I realize that no one actually knows the true answer to this question but I was just wondering what you all think.  I am going to be taking the LSAT in either February or June (or both) and am trying to decide what to do.  I know that the ABA has just decided to go with the highest score but my question is: Do you think that decision is going to stick for the next 3+ years? 

The only reason I ask is because while I am taking the LSAT this year, I know that I will not be going to law school for about 3 years because I will be gone serving in the Peace Corps.  Basically, if it is a possibility that the ABA may return to averaging then I should just wait and not risk a lower score because I haven't prepared as much as I would like.

General Off-Topic Board / Re: Wii Vs PS3
« on: November 20, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »
Na, if he got it today he probably paid about $900 yesterday and had it shipped next day for free.  The massive number of listings (25,000) has really brought prices down on ebay.  But, give it time and after all those sellers get rid of the systems they listed at 12:30 after they got their PS3 the price will probably go right back up.  Especially a couple of weeks before christmas.  Now its just going to hinge on if Sony can manage to get another shipment to N. America before Christmas.

For me its gonna be the wii!  I am just amazed at how intuitive and fun the new controller seems to be.  I originally saw it and thought "what a stupid marketing ploy" but have since seen demonstrative videos and heard reviews.  It just looks like it is going to embody fun more than awesome graphics which is ok with me.

Going into undergrad I knew that I wanted to go to law school.  So, I took whatever program would give me the biggest scholarship (I know its a shallow reason but I didn't want a lot of debt).  Of course this ended up being the business school.  I picked international business because it sounded the most interesting.  So it ends up that I love the area and have decided to focus on international law.  I will also be going to the Peace Corps. soon so it really just seems like a natural extension of everything else I have done up to this point.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9