« on: October 23, 2007, 01:58:02 PM »
YAY...my first fee waiver, too! Unfortunately, it's from St. Thomas.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - RandyJay419
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:01:02 AM »
MHLM - what are your numbers like. Sounds like we're in a similar situation. Michigan has been my top choice since beginning this journey and after receiveing my Sept LSAT score, it seems a little less attainable. Plus, I was really hoping for some $$$ offers...unlikely with 3.96/168, unless the FAFSA gives me some good need-based mojo.
OP - do you know anything about the Darrow? What criteria/cut-off do they use for inviting people to apply? Any other scoop on financial aid at Michigan?
I'm in the same boat as you...albeit with a slightly lower gpa (3.93). I was scoring 177-180 on the last 5 lsat practices I took and on the June test scored a disappointing 168. I debated retaking for a long time and ultimately felt that with the curve getting harder on the lsat, it might be best to cut my losses for this cycle and apply with my 168. I would DEFINITELY get my apps in as early as possible if i were you...your numbers are def. strong enough to get a second look and you would rather compete against a smaller pool when adcomms are less forgiving about numbers..hope that helps...apply to all the t14s you want, you'll have a great chance at a number of them and michigan's median lsat is a 168, median gpa is far below yours...good luck!
Thanks for the advice. Have you considered applying now, but still retaking in Dec? I'm not really sure how that would work - if you submit an addendum saying you'll be retaking in Dec, will they just hold your file until the Dec scores are released? In that case, it seems you'd miss out on any "Early App" advantage...but if you score in your practice test range, you wouldn't really need that boost - right?
Looks like I'm in for some serious contemplation between now and Oct 30th.
I would really like to attend University of Michigan, but LSN makes me a little nervous about my chances. Other schools I was hoping to be competitive for: Duke, Northwestern and UPenn.
The 3.96 is the accum. GPA from my degree-granting university. It may be slighlty lower when LSAC factors in some college courses taken while I was in high school.
I told myself I would be happy with a 168 or above, but now I'm not so sure. I was testing 170-175 on the last ten preptests I took and feel like I could do better. Eight of the twelve questions I missed were in LG, where I had been prepping between -0 and -2. Would delaying my applications for the Dec LSAT score put me at a significant disadvantage?
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
« on: October 19, 2007, 11:48:14 AM »
Mine update box is filled! I'm alternating between feelings of imminent bliss and impending doom!
Good luck, everyone!
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:31:29 AM »
Is there anyone else taking the Sept LSAT near northwest Ohio? I'm registered for the University of Toledo site. Just wondering how everyone is preparing / if you're taking any local prep classes / etc.