« on: March 17, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
OP, UVa is fairly generous with aid, especially since they don't require need access. I'd say see what happens with UVa aid and then send in their offer---or you can send in Duke's offer and see if you can haggle. Mich gave me around the same amount last year, though I'm sure that had I sent in my other offers, they would have raised their offer.
Yeah, definitely wait to see what you get from UVA (unless it's getting to be too late to properly haggle) and then propose it to Michigan. I was a paltry waitlist admit last year and they were still willing to match what I had from comparable schools (I'm guessing that means T14).
If they won't match it though, and you really have no preference to where you live or work after graduation, I'd go with whatever is the cheapest T14. And that means cheapest overall, so taking into account COL and everything. But I'm very debt averse, so your priorities might be different.
Sidenote: Hi MCB! Can you believe 1L year is almost over?
DeeDee: When did you get your offer of admission from the waitlist? I'm really hoping for some good news from UMich, but I'm wondering about timing - especially on the subject of financial aid. Thanks!