Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Shoes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
It definitely isn't an ideal situation, but even if you pay your tuition in full you can still get a refund on it as long as you do it within a few days right?  True that it's a hassle, but it is possible.  Just be thankful you can pack a suitcase and be on your way to school.  And yes, here's hoping we are next!!! 

Up until the 16th??  Yikes.  When do classes start at Samford?  Well at least you it is not difficult for you to leave your things in ATL while you move to B'ham.  Plus, if you get into GSU it will be an even easier transition back to ATL.  (just trying to be optimistic)  It's easier than my situation which will include putting my things in storage - blech!

Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists / Re: Oh the agony....
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:51:34 PM »
I feel your pain!!  This wait is most definitely agonizing.  Your dream is cracking me up!!   :D    Have you contacted them to see when you might hear something?

Incoming 1Ls / Re: What to really look for?
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:24:32 AM »
Thank you everyone!  I am pretty clueless on the computer that will meet all my needs so I appreciate your help.  I'm pretty sure I'm getting the mid-range Dell Inspiron and it looks as if it meets most all those requirements so I'm hopeful it will do the job. 

Now onto deciding all the extra goodies to add with it and the carrying case......

GSu would be the perfect choice for you - I sure do hope you can get in!!  Do you have an idea of when they might let you know something?  This wait is agonizing to say the least.  I just wish I knew what the probability is that I'll get off the waitlist before I go with the added expense of putting my things in storage and staying at a hotel.  Is your wife moving with you, too? 

600 just seems like such a huge number and I wonder if that's really an exact number.  Either way I still want to go there and am trying to determine my next step. 

One option is to move to Loyola - New Orleans in hopes of transferring to Southwestern next year.  I am not sure of the chances or if it's even a good option.  I'm just afraid I will lose all 'networking' connections with professors changing schools after my first year.

My second option is to wait it out.  I figure that if I put my things in storage and stay in a hotel for the 1st week of school at Loyola I could still make the move to LA if I do get off the waitlist.  This is both an added expense plus an added headache.  But...........  if I know there's a chance of me being admitted it will all be worth it.

I'm thinking of writing a letter to the Director of Admissions and sending it overnight, but am not exactly sure what to include.  I just want to make sure they know just how interested I am and maybe even include a section about not being put on the waitlist while I was out of the country in May / June (even though I had called to make sure they knew my alternate contact numbers and just how interested I was.)

Any input? 

Bama girl here so I guess it's the 'south' in me.

Since I have your attention........... any clue how I might get them to review my file earlier??  I really want to go there and can't even get my bum up to pack for school choice #2.

I called yet again today and got some not so great news.  They said there are about 600 on the waitlist as of right now with no seats are available. :( 

Incoming 1Ls / What to really look for?
« on: July 26, 2004, 10:28:54 PM »
If my school doesn't have requirements for a laptop what all should I be looking for?  I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but also want to make sure I find something that will work well for me in these 3 yrs.  What do I need in terms of:

Operating System

Anything else I should look for?

I know I am, but probably not for long.  I've contacted movers and they're all estimating 10-14 days to move my stuff from here in Atlanta to Los Angeles.  With classes starting on the 18th I would have to move next week and that's only if I can book movers for then. 

There's my dilemna and here's my question: Do you think they'll start reviewing the waitlisted applications this week and have responses to us quickly?  I would prefer to know by Thursday so I can book a mover by Friday and be done with it.  Do you think that's a possibility???  I imagine they have received the letters they mailed out to see who's still interested.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7