I am waitlisted at my top choice school (yeah I know - join the club.) I found out I was waitlisted when I called the week before Memorial Day to let them know that I was going out of the country. That's when they told me I was waitlisted and I told them I was very interested and gave them my sister's contact info since I wasn't going to be reachable. I told them my sis had a couple of my checks that I had signed in case they needed a deposit before I returned. I definitely made sure they knew that they were my first choice. I called last week to check my status and learned that they had a 'no response' from the letter they had sent me about the waitlist. They didn't think I was interested anymore and never actually put me on the waitlist. Now I've lost a month and am trying to make up the time lost.
I live in Atlanta, but could make the trip to schedule a visit to the school. It's a long trip and I really don't have the extra money for airfare, hotel and car rental. But if it will really boost my chances of getting into my top choice school I'll gladly do it. Any ideas on whether this will help me? And if so, how do you suggest I approach scheduling a visit? Thanks in advance!!