Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - orky13

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33]
Acceptances / Re: Acceptance Notifications Table - *back online*
« on: March 28, 2006, 04:58:59 PM »
thick but small envelopes from Cleveland Marshall and Willamette, both dated 3/15/06 and received 3/22/06. Mail, out of the blue :) Follow up emails.

Acceptances / Re: Acceptances 05-06 Cycle
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:42:02 PM »
Willamette $$

(relatively thin envelope, letter marked 3/15 but received 3/22)

Cleveland Marshall
same thickness, same postmark, same date of receipt.

...both 2 weeks after I submitted the apps.

LSAT 163
UGPA So low it hurts (2.17)

Acceptances / Re: In at Willamette
« on: March 28, 2006, 02:14:44 PM »
How exciting :) I think it sounds beautiful... I have that same $10,000.00 scholarship deal and would also like to get a little more to reduce the loans. I may ask them for a bit more time and mention that I have other offers to see if it is possible to get more. Is this your plan as well?

How long can you expect to wait? I submitted apps the last few days of February and was told 4-6 weeks was a normal wait, which gives them till April 1st. Would you say that is a long wait for an acceptance?

Thanks for the info!!! I'll start practicing the name right now :) That is very good to know. Is Salem pretty?

I have two acceptances, and deposits for both schools are due April 15th. Only problem is that I am still waiting on 5 other apps which are at schools I'd probably rather attend... I will most likely have no more than 2 weeks (if that) to make a decision, assuming the schools get back to me starting April 1st. Can I ask the schools to which I have been admitted for an extension on the decision? Can I politely see if they can up the scholarship $? What is the protocol?

I haven't heard from them either, I was told it takes 4-6 weeks. I sent it in late Feb--so they are coming up on the deadline soon.

I received my admissions to Willamette$$ and Cleveland Marshall, and since I live in Ohio a visit to Willamette is somewhat impractical. Does anyone have any thoughts about it, have you seen or heard about it? I am still waiting on 5 pending apps but I want to at least start picking a favorite based on my options. Any idea of the schools reputation?

Where should I go next fall? / Re: Withdrawals 05-06
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:44:02 PM »
so what is the advantage to withdrawing before recieving a decision?

I had a HORRIBLE undergrad GPA (2.17) and a 163... still waiting on 5 apps but got in two so far with $$ from one. There were extenuating circumstances behind the GPA but still!!!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33]