Black Law Students / Re: Official 2006 BLSD "Where are you going this fall?" Thread (List on Page 1)« on: May 31, 2006, 04:29:01 AM »
Since y'all are always talking about NYC, I'm going to share my fav places to eat in ATL:2nd Loca Luna. Also Noche in VA Highlands
- Tapas: Eclipse di Luna, Pura Vida (best flan ever!), Loca Lunas and Fuego
- Babette's Cafe for European/French
- Bhojanic for Indian
- Wolfgang Puck Express is good for quick and easy food
- Fellini's and La Fonda Latina are great for late nite, decent food.
- Of course you can't forget Waho and Steak and Shake for the middle of the nite runs
- Osteria del Figo has great Italian
- Buford Highway for Asian food. Also Sampan and Cafe Sampan.
- Cameli's Gourmet Pizza has the best NY style pizza
- Burrito Bros for their buritto pescado especial. Also like qdoba. And I can't forget Willys, that was the place to go at my school!
- Fast food is also Sonic and Fatburger
- Rolling Bones for bbq
- The place by the AUC for Caribbean food
- Bakeries: Alon's (also great lunch) and Higland Bakery (great bkfst, their sweet potato pancakes are the best!)
- Flying Biscuit for brunchli]
That's all for now...
- Eatzi's for overpriced 'gourmet' takeout (also Whole Foods)
- The International Farmer's Mkt for yummy takeout, baked goods and groceries from around the world. You can find everything there, from plaintains and chayote to Ribena and Bda Ginger Beer.
I hate The Flying Biscuit. The food isn't that good, IMO.
I love Eatzis, especially their made to order salads. It is pricey though.
Fat Matt's is the BBQ joint. I dunno what this rolling bones place is about.
Paschal's is a classic.
Felini's - went there yesterday
The late night spot is Waffle House. There is no other late night spot. [/list]
"At Last" by Ella Fitzgerald. It makes me sound a lot older than I am but I love this song.
Also wouldn't mind hearing "weak" by SWV agian.
I hate that I have lost/damaged so many CDs over the years, luckily most of them can be found on ebay for cheap!
I like Ella but I actually keep hearing that song. What about "strange fruit" by Ms Billie
So what'd you guys think of the black and white diamond earrings she gave out?
The title of this thread is utterly ridiculous. The jerks on the lacrosse team hired a stripper (two, actually), who happened to be a Central student. Framing the issue as "Duke lacrosse players rape Central student" (even though it's look less and less like that's what happened, but we'll assume it for the sake of argument) would be appropriate if they went over to Central, nabbed some student, and then raped her. That's not what happened. They hired a stripper (with a criminal record and who apparently showed up completely inebriated).
Why not frame the issue as "Duke lacrosse players accused of raping ex-con"? That's just as accurate as referring to her as a "NCCU student", and probably more relevant.