Okay. So, last week, I get a call at work and it's UR. They ask me if I were to be accepted, would I attend? I, of course, said absolutely (almost pulled a Mr. Big and said abso-f-in'
-lutely, but I luckily refrained). They said something should be decided within a couple of days. That was last Monday. I haven't heard anything since. So, I call this morning to ask them what's up, and I get the run around and completely get the impression that they won't be accepting people off the list after all, but they could call me anytime between now and the first day of orientation.
Now, when they called me, they did
say there weren't any guarantees. However, through all of my reading and research, if and when a LS goes to the trouble to ask a waitlisted applicant, "If we were to accept you, would you attend?" it's the step immediately preceeding actually offering a seat (because they're not going to offer unless they know they aren't wasting their time). So, how insane is it that I finally get this call, and now it looks like there's no hope after all?
Did anyone else get this call?
Definitely cruel and unusual punishment, if you ask me...