You might be better off waiting because many of the scholarships may already have been handed out if you apply now. With your numbers you should get scholarship money from any tier 4 and most tier 3 schools, and if you don't it is probably because they have already handed out all their scholarships. If you apply the first day applications open up for the next cycle you might save yourself upwards of 80,000 dollars. Just something to consider and I might be wrong, but generally schools offer out scholarship money early on to attract the students they want the most. By April and May they pretty much have their classes filled. Again, I am only a law student and never worked in a law school admissions office so I could be 100% wrong, but I am speculating that is how admissions offices handle things.
I thought about that...The one I'm really shooting for is a state school, so I could swing tuition and books for a year on my own. I'm trying for the evening program at first, with a transfer to their full time (I checked, it's not only allowed but encouraged) for the 2L year. For the first year, I'd be able to get tuition assistance of $5,000.00 from my company, ya know, because law is one of those areas they think it would benefit them to have me studying. If I can continue working part-time, I'll be able to hold onto that through the entire time...which knocks my yearly resident tuition down to about $10,000.00. I can swing that and books through a re-jiggering of my finances, 401K, and a small loan. After that, I'd still be eligible for a merit scholarship as a 2L (They reassess every year) even if I don't qualify/don't receive an offer as a 1L.
Other places? Well, that's why I'm taking the "wait and see before I commit" route. If I retake the LSAT in June, then I'll probably be switching up where I'm applying (score dependent) with one exception, as I'd be planning on full-time attendance and have a lot more leeway (my "live in" condition on my mortgage is up in October, meaning that starting in 2012 I can rent it out and not sell). So, basically, if the school and amount is right, swinging a year of tuition through creative funding is more than possible as long as I can get assessed for a merit scholarship as a 2L.