This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - ladylazarus
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
« on: April 10, 2006, 03:10:08 PM »
Just sent in withdrawals to George Mason, BU, GW, and Illinois.
Liberating, but a bit scary to be stuck with a decision! (Barring good news from schools I haven't heard from, I'll be going to Vandy.)
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:12:15 PM »
Rejected at Georgetown. Meh, I wasn't really sure I wanted to go there anyway.
« on: April 05, 2006, 02:19:16 PM »
re: SEC football
One of the things it says in the book they send you about student life is that they realize their football team sucks, but that at least they play good teams! I went to GA Tech myself, so if I end up at Vandy I'll go to the UGA game and root for my new school.
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:57:37 PM »
ladylaz... how far do you live from the school? (thinking about mailing timing.)
Er... pretty darn far. Atlanta.
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:51:59 PM »
ladylazarus, how did you hear from USC?
Big, white envelope in the mail. First I've heard from them, never got a complete notice or anything like that.
« on: April 03, 2006, 06:48:33 PM »
i was sent a scholarship offer without sending anything in but the need-based grant form. Also, I checked when the deposit deadline was and it was May 26th.
Unfortunately, not all letters are created equal.
Yup, I just double-checked and it definitely says that a $500 deposit is due April 28.
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:11:28 PM »
In at USC today!
Now I am very nervous because I wouldn't want to make plans to visit LA before hearing from UCLA... I wish they would just send me a decision already, even it's a ding! I don't suppose calling the admissions office would really do me any good.
« on: April 03, 2006, 05:09:44 PM »
Yeah, it's end of April.
Also, you have to send in a new form to be considered for scholarships. I wonder if they only send scholarship offers to people that decide to go there? That makes deciding a little more difficult, too.
And of course, re: withdrawing. I've withdrawn from schools that I'm no longer actively considering, but sometimes you've got to juggle until the very end.
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:56:23 PM »
Am very pleased to have just gotten The Big Envelope from USC, but gaaaaah, way to throw a monkey wrench into my plans!
See, I had it all worked out. Visit Vandy this weekend, and if I loved it, put in seat deposits for both it and GW (since I won't have time to visit GW before they're due), and if I didn't love it, just put in for GW and hope that a better school that's still pending might come along.
But now USC! It's ranked higher than GW, but I'd take that with a grain of salt. I have no clue where I want to work. And no way can I visit LA in the next two weeks... plus, I haven't heard from UCLA yet, and wouldn't want to make plans to travel there until I do. (I'm expecting a ding, but you know... what if?)
Sorry, that's just my personal crisis rambling. I guess the real point of this post should be YAY USC! Anyone else get in recently?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:03:26 PM »
I went decision today, too.
I'm not really all that optimistic, but... getting a decision either way will be nice at least, because after that I will make plans to visit DC to see GW. (Of course, it could also be a waitlist, which would be very annoying... though better than a rejection.)
Pages:  2 3 4 5 6 ... 12