I like the TPR Mr Pants tar. Watch out though...sometimes when you post about withdrawing, people get angry for weird reasons. I applaud it.
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Seriously, I didn't respond to Kruddler because I didn't want this comment to get more attention than it deserves.
We have established that LSD is not the place to complain about certain kinds of frustration because it is at best off-putting.
Is what Kruddler and Gellin are up to what LSD's about?
The only frustration from which I'm suffering is that which is related to the rash I've had since the aforementioned evening.
I actually think this thread's discussion is a bit early. Harvard has not rejected Bass yet. We know that he did not get the call and he was put on hold, which at best says Harvard admissions does not think Bass is the best of the best. That still leaves the following options open:
1) Bass gets the Harvard rejection.
2) Bass gets the Harvard acceptance and fails at Harvard
3) Bass gets the Harvard acceptance and does just ok at Harvard.
3) Bass gets the Harvard acceptance, makes into the Harvard law review, becomes the senior editor, and becomes a law professor or runs for president of United States.
I also agree that bassdesire's sense of entitlement is a huge turn-off.
He already has a girlfriend who's waaaaaaaaaay out of his league. What more does he want.
By the way, I was in Philly a while back on business. I picked up a girl one night, and she looked a lot like the chick in Bass' 'tar. After rocking her bones for hours, she begged me to, well, you know...
Long story short, she said I got her going better than her bookworm, nerdish boyfriend ever could. In conclusion: One night. Five times.
I think you're going out of bounds here. We all know it's just humor, but there's something I find disconcerting about seeing his and his girlfriend's picture and then having you talk about banging her better than her "bookworm, nerdish boyfriend" for hours.
My two cents.
What if just said he banged her better?
Two quick points:
Harvard is not a complete numbers whore. See Barzini, Don.
For someone wishing to preserve a modicum of anonymity, I wouldn't recommend posting a picture of myself.
Look, I don't really want to jump into this, but I want to make two points.
1) While I agree with Dravidian's sentiment, that post was unnecessarily nasty and unproductive. As a grad student, I can tell you that both law review articles and papers published as an undergrad are not necessarily taken that seriously. Bass obviously knows more than the rest of us about how strong his work is, but unless he won a significant award or co-authored a paper with someone incredible, that alone shouldn't get him into Harvard.
2) You guys are making me wonder about going to Law School in the first place, to which I'm still not committed. My PS was just a modified version of a statement of purpose, listing research interests and faculty members with whom I wanted to work. I only found out that wasn't normal after I submitted. I've become worried that my classmates will be overwhelmingly unlike me, interested in prestige and money more than committed to any specific intellectual pursuit. Bass seems to have some targetted intellectual interest in the law which is encouraging, I hope Harvard realizes that they've made a mistake. Watching everyone else go crazy on this board, well, is making me wonder what my classmates will be like.
This board, like LSN is at its best when people are sharing information and being supportive to help mitigate what can be a difficult process. I'm just surprised that people find some cathartic benefit from this neurotic overanalysis and brand worship.
Yeah, we don't get along on the internet. John Galt and I don't really get along either (actually, I think we're okay at this point). Anyway, I might end up at school with both of you next year, and I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we end up being friends. So it's not like I'm planning on holding a grudge or anything since I realize that the internet is very different from "real life" - I'll just ask politely to tone it down a bit, d00d.
Also, the very fact that upon not being immediately admitted (I say immediately since it's still possible you'll get in) to one of the TOP THREE law schools in the nation, one of the FIRST things that crosses your mind is "Why not!? I totally deserve to be in" is a tiny bit feminine hygiene product-baggish. The fact that you start MULTIPLE threads highlighting this revelation of yours is a little bit more feminine hygiene product-baggish. I've pretty much acknowledged that I probably won't get into Stanford at this point, and instead of bitching about the school, I realize that I'm probably just not what they're looking for.
The top three schools are all very, very selective. Admittedly, some decisions at these schools are surprising (including yours), but they're simply never as HUGELY surprising as you're making yours out to be