This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - ShargSkunk
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »
You might have a shot at California Western with a 149 and they accept for Spring. They might be getting taking over by the UC system to and if that happens they will probably skyrocket in the rankings for whatever that is worth. Just something to consider, but I think there are several schools that accept Spring applicants with numbers similar to yours.
I have a problem though, I can only go to schools in my area, IE, New York City/Close NJ (a stretch, need something accesible by public trans.). I have a medical condition that requires doctor's supervision and my doctor is here. And I wont feel secure having to transfer to another doctor, as other doctors havent been able to control my condition.
The schools over here dont have spring admission from what I can see
but thanks for the idea...
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:00:37 PM »
From what I have seen, none of the schools that I have a shot at getting in take students in the spring semester...so I will have to try it for the fall 2011 semester. I just wonder if they review applications and decide to accept/decline as they come in, or do they wait til spring of 2011?
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:31:01 PM »
Thank you so much for the advice so far.
I am thinking that as soon as I know that neither school takes me (off the waitlist), then I can apply as soon as September right? Using the same LSAT score and letters? Then I can try to take the one in december by studying through the fall. I have a few things I can add to my personal statement but not much of interest...
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:18:34 AM »
Okay thank you.
I would retake LSAT again but Im afraid I wont have enough time to restudy for it. LSAT is my worst enemy, I have good gpa, good LOC, good writing/learning skill, but I studied for a year to take LSAT doing all I can and still got a measly 149. I would retake but im afraid I might do even worse next time...and if I register for Spring 2011 LSAT that will again put me into late in the admissions cycle. But if I register for December LSAT, that will probably not be enough time for me to study well enough to have a shot at doing better.
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:16:34 AM »
I pretty much have no chance anymore at getting off either of the two waitlists im on for my applications this year, but I cant seem to find any information to answer my questions about reapplying. Naturally, I want to try again for next year's admissions, but I am just curious,
1) Do I need to retake the LSAT to reapply?
2) Do I need new letters of reccomendation?
3) I assume I need a fresh personal statement?
Getting a new LSAT score shouldnt be too difficult (in fact, hopefully I can study some more and get a better score) but getting new letters of rec would be incredibly diffcult because I am no longer in college (graduated) and dont have anyone else who can write letters for me (I had professors do it this cycle)
« on: July 24, 2010, 10:04:55 AM »
When did you decline touro? Why didnt you take touro up on the offer?
I declined the automatically by not sending in the $700 deposit that they wanted by the middle of June because 1) I didnt really have $700 at the moment 2) I was hoping to get into CUNY because that was always my #1 choice.
« on: July 14, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »
I really dont feel I can do better than a 149, probably only worse.
I studied my behind off to get that grade for about 6 months of daily study for a couple of hours each day.
I did just about every sample test I could take. I averaged 150 on those tests. Basically, I am a horrible, horrible, standardized test taker. My high school grades were mostly A's and B's, yet my SAT barely hit 1000 (back when the max score was 1600). Yet, I got mostly A's in college despite the low SAT. I studied for ages on that test too.
I dont really know how much more I can do for that test...I just feel I'll do worse rather than better. At most I'd get a 151, that was my highest practice score test...
Thanks for the suggestions...I will try to send a LOCI to CUNY, I just dont want to annoy them too much.
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »
Why would you need new letters of recommendation?
Hmm, perhaps I am mistaken, but I read somewhere that schools want new letters of reccomendation if you are applying to the same school again. I am not sure where I saw this, perhaps in the actually policy of the schools I looked at.
It really doesnt help me that I have no luck finding a job so far...and dont want to sit on my behind all year long.
« on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
Applied to three schools...accepted to one (Touro), but declined offer of admission, hoping to see results from the other two (Touro wanted an $800 deposit). The other two schools, Hofstra and CUNY Law both waitlisted me. Got the letter from Hofstra about a month ago and the one from CUNY today (have to send out form tomorrow). Sent LOCI and extra letter of reccomendation to Hofstra and havent acted on CUNY yet.
I assume that I have no chance at getting into either school now? Since I got waitlisted so late and the school probably has hundreds of waitlisted students for every spot, as well as the fact that students probably dont decline to go to either school enough to open up extra seats.
Am I right in my analysis? Any hope for me, or should I just look at another career path for the year?
The problem with applying next year is that I will need to get new letters of reccomendation...somehow and since I already had professors write them this year, I wont have anyone to do it next year as I wont be in college anymore. My numbers really hurt me...149 LSAT and 3.8 GPA.