Now I have to decide, Pace v. Albany. Any opinions?
This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Zurichbr
Where should I go next fall? / Re: Should people with multiple LSAT scores re-apply due to new ABA policy?« on: July 12, 2006, 04:50:06 PM »
154 v. 161.
« on: July 12, 2006, 03:08:06 PM »
First of all, congratulations on both. Im sure you have thought of these things, but sometimes under periods of stress we forget to consider the obvious. Going part-time to start might not be so bad as the first year can be extremely grueling and this would certainly make your load lighter as a 1L. Yes, you would eventually have to catch up but by that point you would have a better understanding of what is required of a law student. Here are some other things to consider:
1. Location: Where is the school located?
2. Career Prospects: Will the school provide you with the strongest background for the area/location in which you would like to practice
3. Money: Both are state schools so I would doubt there is a signficant difference here, unless you are a resident in one of the two states in which case money may be a deciding factor.
4. Law Review: Will you be able to grade on as a PT student or will you be required to write on. Additionally, when will you be eligible for law review.
5. How much do U.S. news rankings/prestige matter to you? Im sure youve thought about this one a thousand times already.
6. EC's: Clinics, journals, and other extra law school opportunities. Sports program v. does UB have sports? Watching a game can be a lot of fun. Not that this should be a deciding factor or there will be lots of time for these things, but you need something to relieve the stresses of law school. Watchin "the game" might help with this.
Im just getting ready for 1L too so its not like I have any actual experience with these things or how it might work out, but off the top of my head these seem to be some important factors to consider when making your decision.
Where should I go next fall? / Re: Should people with multiple LSAT scores re-apply due to new ABA policy?« on: July 12, 2006, 12:37:51 PM »
So the question remains....my second score was 7 points better than my first and puts me in a new percentage bracket. Do I reapply (to schools in which I have not yet applied, but would still be very interested in attending) next year or not?
Where should I go next fall? / Re: Should people with multiple LSAT scores re-apply due to new ABA policy?« on: July 11, 2006, 10:45:38 AM »
I'm considering doing the same thing. My second score is much more competitive than my first. Im currently in a regionally respected T3, but now that only the highest score has to be reported I am pretty sure that I could break into T2. Anyone else out there in this situation have any advice?
I've heard very good things about Pace. I have heard almost nothing about Quinnipiac. Im assuming this is because it is a relatively new school. I believe it used to be the University of Bridgeport Law School or something like that. Both of the schools are in nice areas, but is Pace closer to NYC and Stamford. Tuition is about the same. On campus recruitment appears to be about the same too, but I would have to think Pace probably has an edge here due to their proximity to NYC. Anyway, thanks for the help and keep the comments and opinions coming.
I have been offered a scholarship at WNEC and I am considering attending, but have a serious concern I would like cleared up if anyone can help me.
Can anyone explain the disparity of the bar passage rate numbers of Princeton Review (72%)and US News (54%) for Western New England. Im considering attending, but if US News has the numbers right I would seriously consider going elsewhere as I have other options. Please help me.