Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - John1990

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Thanks for the reply, i have not been checking the table of contents and i have been including an experimental section in the first three sections, so i guess im in good shape.
Today i scored a 166 on preptest 44 and i noticed that the curves are much less generous after the first three books of preptests, where you only need an 80/101 for a 165.  I had an 85/100 and was expecting to hit my target 168, but was disappointed.  My breakdown was
LG 19/22
LR 24/26
LR 23/25
RC 19/27
that RC always gets me

Also, i have heard that the experimental section is always one of the first three sections.  Is that true?  I have been using the last section as my experimental (doing a section of an older test)  now im thinking of moving that to the third section.

Before you begin a preptest is tells you the order that the sections will be presented in, (and they dont even make you figure it out through some sort of logic game ;D).  My question is; when you take the real lsat does it tell you the order of the sections on the test?

i have actually taken 25 different preptests, and 5 of those i took twice

With the June LSAT approaching i am trying to wrap up and studying and i want to know how many preptests i should take before the test, and how many should i take a day?  I know this is probably personal preference to an extent and what i feel i can do, but others opinions are appreciated. 
Backround- i read the powerscore bibles twice over and compiled a 15 page review sheet which i review, so i dont think there is much more i can do there.
I have already completed about 16 preptests, 5 of which i did twice over, a month after i first took them.
With 21 days to go i have 20 tests i havent taken, and i can retake preptests already completed by buying replicate prepbooks (all the test ive taken so far are from the 3 books)
So i am thinking of taking 2 a day, one new test followed by an old test.  I have been aiming to do 3 sections, take a 10 minute break, do 2 sections (begining an old test), take a 10 minute break, and then doing 3 more sections (thus completing the second old preptest).  I have done this 2 of the last days, although today i took an hour long break before the 6th section  :-[  the other day i simply did 4 sections and quite after a test haha.
So any thought comments?  Im still scoring between 161-165 everytime, but i really feal like i could score a 170, if i cut and paste section scores together i have the capability, it just hasnt come together  :(
Anyway i guess im basically asking how much is too much and if im using the right methods to study

Also, how should i go about preparing for the comparative reading passage when there are so few available to take beofre test day?

Studying for the LSAT / how long are the breaks between sections
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
How long is the break between the 3rd and 4th sections?  Also, do you get any kind of break between sections?  I have just been turning the page and restarting the timer to simulate real test day conditions.

Studying for the LSAT / Re: the unscored section
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:09:57 PM »
haha that cracked me up julie, yea i guess there is no point in knowing

Studying for the LSAT / the unscored section
« on: May 11, 2011, 09:55:22 AM »
Is there anyway to determine which one of the sections is not scored?

arc, its always good to hear from both sides of the argument.  Frankly I think that weather you need to speed up/slow down depends on what side of the spectrum your coming from.  I know Ps recomends that you read it in near 3 minutes, with 3:30 being the absolute most and i was taking near 4 minutes.
Also, PS states that only 60% of RC questions are global, for the remaining 40% you should return to the text anyway.  So reading with a global reference mindset makes sensse.  We seem to agree on this topic

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5