Hi, can someone tell me what law schools I should aim for? Some info:
- 23y.o. Asian. Lived in Canada for 17 years. Am I an URM
- University of Toronto (Canada), Engineering Science program, Computer engineering (generally accepted as the top engineering program ***in Canada***--will this help my poor gpa?
- Just graduated, but have 20 months work experience from 3 internships
- Going to begin work soon in a software company, i.e. can include this in applications for Sep. 2010
- 2.4gpa for first 3 years of undergrad
(no good reason
). After that, went on 16-month internship at Microsoft with good evaluation. Came back for 4th year, worked hard for a 3.83 annual gpa
, pulling my UNDERGRAD GPA to 2.75 (2.79 LSDAS GPA )
- Practice LSATs scored between 168 and 173
. My understanding: LSAT164 puts me in top 10%, 171 in top 1%. Hoping for 170/+ for the official result.Questions
1. What are my chances for ANY T14 schools? T25? Comments on "Early Decision"?
2. If I make it to a T25, and score in top 5% for 1st year, what are the chances for transferring to a T14? What about higher-ranked T14's?
3. If I make it to a T14, and perform within top 5%, what are my chances of transferring to T6 or a higher T14 after one year? Would it be worth it?
It's a long post...thanks for bearing with me!