This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - hopefulsplitter28
« on: December 11, 2009, 01:57:05 AM »
WUSTL seems to like high LSAT and is relatively splitter friendly. I think a 166+ will put you in good shape.
However, take the real test first, because there are so many factors that can affect your score so much!
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:38:51 AM »
From what I hear, your degree specialty either doesn't matter much (used as a tie breaker), or doesn't matter at all.
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:37:14 AM »
- Took Sep LSAT, scored 166. Unsatisfied, Reapplied. Studied really hard between Oct. and Dec.
- Took Dec.5 LSAT. Felt really good about the performance. Having done 35 timed PTs between Oct and Dec., where I scored 171-176 90% of the time, I'm highly expecting 170+, possibly 174+.
- 2.8 GPA (Comp. Eng.) + ~1 yr Work Exp., Canadian
- Really want to break T14.
- GULC PT ED seems to be the "easiest" way in
- note*: strangely, GULC ED is due March 1, 2010.
Ideally, I would have my LSAT score in hand to make an informed decision. If I barely made it (~171), I'd be safe and go GULC PT ED (+Cornell FT etc.). If I scored 174+, then I might skip PT ED and apply GULC FT (+Cornell FT etc.). Want to skip ED if I can because I prefer Cornell over GULC, but both schools are OK.
Should I wait until I know my score, so that I can act according to it? Or would that be too risky since it'd be so late (~Jan) in the cycle? Please give me some feedback on what you would suggest.
Forgive me for asking before getting the "real" score, since this issue requires an answer and informed decision before I know my score. Thanks!
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »
at 167/3.2 BC and BU should have reasonable chances
« on: October 20, 2009, 11:54:47 PM »
« on: October 18, 2009, 11:44:01 PM »
lawschoolpredictor.com and hourumd.com if you haven't used them...good tools for knowing where you stand.
Also the 2.8gpa...is it LSDAS gpa? If not, you might want to see how it comes out when converted to it.
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »
Hey contract2008, thanks for helping me out in this thread, I actually have a question the relates to your suggestion.
Normally a school won't let you apply twice for the same "season" because if they reject you in EA/early in the cycle, where your chances are greatest, then there's no point to consider you again later.
However, if I apply now with a 2.76/166 and get rejected, take the Dec. and (hypothetically) get a 170, would I be allowed to reapply with upgraded stats for the same period?
I think this is a complicated question...I posted it before and no one answered. It'd be great if you could give some insight. I'm definitely going to give the schools a call about this approach though. It might even differ for each school.
e.g. I would consider Fordham PT, but if I apply and get rejected now, what if I get better stats later and they won't let me apply again (to either PT/FT)? I think Fordham PT is a reach, but that's beside the more important question posited above.
« on: October 18, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »
t14 possible, t25 probable. Did you take the LSAT yet? If not, take a diagnostic and see how you do. If you're in the low-mid 150's range, 3 months of intense study *might* give you a 15 point boost. 175 is admirable goal, but not that many succeed at it. If you got the 175 already, congrats!
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:56:05 PM »
Thanks. I know i'm greedy (and have a bad gpa), that's why I'm retaking. I need 170+
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:45:31 PM »
I realize 2.76 is horribly low. I had aimed for 170; my PTs were 165-176.
If I do get a 170 in Dec 2009 (which I've already signed up for), I should expect much better chances at 20-35 right? Especially schools like WUSTL, GW, Fordham, W&L.