« on: April 19, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
I've had my macbook for little over a year. I bought my first mac in 2002. I hate to go back to a windows format, but my school recommends it and I decided that I'd rather just buy a new laptop than fight with mine to get it to work with all their programs and such. That said, I have no clue what to buy. I've never bought a windows based computer. Here is the list of requirements from my school site:
We suggest the following minimum portable system specifications for UB Law students.
* Processor (Intel or AMD) 1.66GHz and higher
* Hard drive: 40 GB and larger
* Memory: 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
* Video Memory: 128MB (256 MB recommended)
* CD-ROM, DVD, CD-RW, or DVD-R as desired
* Operating system: Windows XP Pro (suggested), Windows XP Home or Media, Windows Vista.
* Modem: 56 kbps to dial-up UB if needed
* Sound Cards, speakers, mouse, etc.
* Ethernet (or Fast Ethernet) - 10/100Base-T Network Interface Card
* Wireless card for 802.11x standards.
Thank you for any suggestions you have!