This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - wyatth
Pages: 1  3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
« on: February 05, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
Thanks for the tips.
The school is Santa Clara. I have the forum to apply for an increase already, just need to fill it out and fax it over. Just wondering what to include on it, and when is the best time.
I think I understand, though. Will go with route 2 above in the next few weeks (deposit due by early-mid April).
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:16:20 PM »
So I have been offered some money from a school, but I have read about increasing this amount. I have the forum to apply for an increased amount, but what should I point out?
Do I want to list other schools I am considering, or just say "blah blah, I am interested in the school but it is still to expensive comparatively blah blah." What leverage/route is most effective? They offered 1/3 off and I am just trying for 1/2 off.
Thank you for any help/guidance.
« on: December 20, 2009, 01:38:26 PM »
Not sure, but why would you apply ED at Duke if you are also applying to schools you like more?
« on: December 19, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
Thanks, so prob just a TAD late for decisions. Too bad.
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
So we're halfway through December which isn't that early in the cycle. I finished my applications in mid/end-October and I have heard back from only 1 of my 11 schools.
So, 2 questions:
1) That school is a safety school, but they did offer me an $11,000/yr (renewable) scholarship. Should I write them now and politely ask for a bigger offer? "I am waiting to hear back from some schools, and comparing my choices among schools already accepted to. Law School is the biggest decision to make in my life up to this point, but reducing the amount of debt I will have at the end is definitely a worthy consideration." blah blah blah something like that.
2) Should I start writing LOCIs to schools that have not made a decision? Or is that mainly for people on the WL? Do I just sit and wait? I am fine with that, not impatient or nervous, just wondering if there is anything I could be doing.
« on: December 19, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »
Just wondering what month new rankings out? I know a few movements shouldn't change my decision, but I am curious if I will get to see an update before committing to a school in this cycle.
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:43:22 AM »
Wondering, how did you "project" that LSAT score?
« on: November 03, 2009, 12:41:09 AM »
I think you have good shots at W&L, W&M, and Emory. Other probably also but I only know those 3 because I was interested. GL
« on: October 30, 2009, 12:49:45 AM »
I think I am complete, or at least I submitted and paid for my reports tonight.. All sent out and everything has been done.
George Washington (ED)
Washington & Lee
Univ of Illinois
Univ of Indiana
Univ of San Diego
2.7 (from a 2.0 to a 3.5 trend) and a 164 with good softs. A splitter so I figured I'd shotgun it. Wish me luck.
« on: October 15, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
Pages: 1  3 4 5 6 7 ... 10