« on: March 19, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »
1) i am looking to spend about 1,000 a month for an condo/apt for 36 months (if i stay @ cal western for 3 years). any chance i should try to gear that 36000 (plus rent money my gf throws down) on some kind of real estate in the SD market. foreclosed, condos, small houses, iv found some interesting deals on craigslist ranging between 60,000 and 120,000
2) how/ what can i study now to be @ the top of my class. i really want to excel, i have a 3.2m but there's no reason i couldn't have had a 4.0 here @ under-grad. I have read law school confidential and getting to maybe, and i am now starting to read E&E's religiously. glannon. anything I can do to excel?
3) voice recorders ok in class? i bought a program for my blackberry to record professor lectures so i could easily comeback to them on the weekends/before finals
4) transfer potential? top 10% of my class? i love san diego, its just that top-law-schools has instilled in me that a t4 graduate isnt *&^%, and no biglaw could ever await me......? I know that alot of this is just that, *&^% talking, however, can you give me a realistic look @ what an top 10% of your class graduate can be offered by firms as an graduating 3L
5) any scholarship money im not thinking about that I should be? white, male, 23
6) do alot of 1L's skip class and take law school with the same approach that frosh do for undergrad. or, since cal western is a T4, is there an abundance of competititon as many are looking to transfer after 1L
7) what is the feel of the campus? school? surrounding area? im very into 'yuppu' , 'preppy', 'upper class suburbab feel' to the city in which Im going to be living in. Eugene here in oregon is NOT that place. I really liked ASU for these reasons. can you give me any feedback about Cal Western?