Alright, where is everybody? Did people get lives or something?
Since I'm a little bored as I start my day I'll just talk to myself and ramble on and describe my newest food experiment.
For breakfast I made a SPAM sandwich. Yes, SPAM, that mystery meat in a can. IDK why that stuff is loathed and made fun of by people and viewed as if it is poison or why people make fun of others that eat it or why millions of SPAM fans feel the need to 'stay in the closet', eat it in private and deny their love for this tasty block of mystery meat.
The stuff is yummy and I'm an 'out of the closet' self admitted SPAM eater. You can make so many great things to eat with it. I know I am not alone and that there are MILLIONS of closeted SPAM lovers that fear being socially ostracized for enjoying it when others find out and know they do.
(A flatmate I had years back always made fun of me for eating the stuff. After months of trying I finally got him to try a dish I made with it. He loved it, but swore me to secrecy about telling anyone that he tried it and that he liked it!)
It's time for a revolution and for all of us to publicly unite and tell the world about the wonders of this stuff and not have to hide our supplies of it, hide out and eat it in private fearing ridicule from people that have never enjoyed this wonderful food or feel shame about our love of this miracle meat product.
My delicious sandwich:
Medium thick slices of SPAM to fit the slices of whole grain wheat bread
In between them slices of sharp cheddar cheese and Jalapeno Jack cheese
One slice of American Cheese slightly melted on the top slice of wheat bread while lightly toasting both slices of bread
Medium layer of yellow mustard spread on the bottom slice of bread after it is toasted
Once putting the spam slices with the cheese in between them on the bottom slice of bread with the mustard on it, put some thinly sliced or diced pineapple on top along with thin slices of a kosher dill pickle, then top with the slice of toasted bread that has the slightly melted american cheese on it.
Consume and enjoy the miraculously wonderful flavor blast of a gourmet SPAM sandwich!
Some SPAM history and why it is truly a miraculous very versatile mystery meat that has helped win wars and change the world!http://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spamstory.htmlhttp://www.cusd.claremont.edu/~mrosenbl/spam.html
Nifty Spam Trivia!
* By World War II, Hormel had sold twenty thousand tons of Spam. Then, during the wartime meat rationing, Spam got popular... * If all the cans of Spam ever eaten were put end-to-end, they would circle the globe at least ten times. * In the U.S. alone, 3.8 cans of Spam "are consumed every second"(assuming SPAM is eaten 24 hours a day, 365.25 days a year).
* Senator Robert Byrd of West Viginia eats a sandwich of SPAM and mayonnaise on white bread three times a week.
* Residents of Hawai'i eat an average of four cans of SPAM per person per year, more than in any other place on Earth (Elsewhere in the Universe, who knows?).
* By 1959, a billion cans of SPAM had been sold. The two billion mark was hit in 1970, followed by three billion in 1980, four billion in 1986, and five billion in 1993. That's a lot of SPAM!
* In Korea, SPAM is sold in stylish presentation gift boxes of nine cans each. SPAM stolen from army PXs can be found on the Korean black market. And there are Korean imitations called Lo-Spam, Dak, Plumrose, and Tulip, to ensure that no one need go without.
* Nikita Krushchev once credited SPAM with the survival of the WWII Russian army. ''Without SPAM, we wouldn't have been able to feed our army,''
* SPAM is sold in over 99% of U.S. grocery stores.
* The SPAM luncheon meat trademark is registered in 93 countries. * Over 60 million people in the U.S. eat SPAM.
* SPAM is made in two U.S. locations - Austin, Minnesota, and Fremont, Nebraska - and seven other countries: England, Australia, Denmark, Phillipines, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea.
* In 1989, the U.S. armed forces bought 3.3 million pounds of SPAM. * Over 141 million cans of SPAM are sold worldwide each year.
So, all you fellow SPAM lovers, voice your love for it, spread the word and stop cowering in fear and shame for enjoying something so great. For the haters or SPAM virgins, just try it at least once. You might just like it!