« on: March 22, 2006, 11:06:11 PM »
Anyone else know they are attending Seton Hall PT (evening) in the fall? Let's chat!
Topics - Poetgrl21
Where should I go next fall? / Anyone deciding on a school because of "comfort level" or a "gut feeling?"?« on: March 19, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »
Even if another school is higher ranked?
« on: March 11, 2006, 12:58:53 PM »
I know NYLS is tier 3 where as Pace I think is Tier 4, but I've heard some bad things about NYLS. Should I go to Pace? I'd like to do big law initially, and then down the road work for a mid-large sized firm doing matrimonial and family law.
« on: March 10, 2006, 02:40:07 PM »
Ok, so between these two schools which should I go to? I still have other schools I'm waiting to hear from, but in the event that I have to choose between these two, what should I do? I'm interested in family and matrimonial law, but I would like to work for a mid-large size firm for a few years when I first get out of law school. I plan to work in NYC or Jersey...either is fine. NYLS is ranked higher is it not? The commute for me to Pace would be slightly easier though, and it's a few grand cheaper per year. What do you all think? Thanks.
Ok, so here's the deal. My top choice law school (I've told them this in a personal statement too) still hasn't reached a decision with regard to my application. I sent it in November, and some people who sent it in a month after me have already heard back. I'm getting really nervous. It's a part-time program. My lsat is slightly below the average (especially the first score)...but my gpa is way above. Do you think it's too much to send a continued letter of interest to this school? Here are the things I think I could mention:
(1) I arranged for LSAC to send them my updated transcript, containing my grades from the fall 2005 semester, during which I acheived my 6th consecutive 4.0
(2) Let them know what's going on this semester...completing my senior thesis etc.
(3) Refresh them on why I want to go there, and that I'll definitely enroll if they accept me
(4) And let them know that I will be working if I go there part-time (cuz i didn't mention that previously in the application, and I've heard schools want that if you go there part-time...true?) My employment has been sent up...I will be working for my current employer who actually graduated from this law school and wrote me a recommendation
What do you all think? Do this? Or is a letter without a deferral or anything too pushy? (I called the office a week ago and they said my file is complete and there is still no decision)
Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!
« on: February 25, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »
I sent my application to Seton Hall (PT) in mid November, and I've yet to hear back. I called in January just to confirm that my application is complete, and it is. I've noticed on LSN that some people who have sent their apps at the same time or after me have already heard. Here are my stats: 153 avg LSAT (150 + 156) and 3.9 GPA. According to SHU's website their avg lsat for the part time class is a 155 (so i'm slightly below), and I'm way above the average gpa. I also live in NJ. Do you think it's a bad sign that I haven't heard back yet? I will be working while I'm at Seton Hall, but I realize I didn't directly say that in my personal statement or anything. Could that have something to do with the delay? Do they generally admit people to their part-time program only if they will be/need to work? Please let me know what you all think. Thanks. Should I call them?