Law School Discussion

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Considering_Law

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
nah, not TJ. Whittier a while ago tho.And to the original poster, if your job area isnt negotiable, im not sure why you'd want to go to school in florida or cali for 3 years. would your fiance move with you? to be honest, if your that confident in your abilities, uses them to study for the lsat and rock it and then reapply in the fall. if you get a 155 and you have a good shot at NYLS or hofstra or quinnipiac or western new england or new england law or roger williams. Those all are about on the same level as the other two schools and theyre all within 0-90min drive of nyc area, no real point moving that far away for school if you have to stay there. definitly reapply to other schools that are closer. dont settle for those two

Buuut, you have to think about the fact that those schools have a higher tuition than florida, and with it's standard $5k a semester scholarship, florida is looking like a better deal especially for me and what I want to accomplish with my law degree. :-\

The job area is a non-negotiable.  I HAVE to get a  job in NJ or NY or surrounding area.  My fiance is NOT moving away from NJ.  Sooo, I just need to know how feasible it would be for me to get a job in Jersey, now like I said I want to do public interest, ya know an attorney for low-income underprivileged people, nothing high class or glamour filled.  What's the likelihood I could get that if I graduate from a school in florida or california?  I am confident in my abilities and know that I'm gonna graduate at the top of my class but will that be enough to offset the perceived negative features of TJ or FCSL? :-\


Thanks for the input so far.  anymore, anymore, bueller.

anyone, anyone, bueller :-\

Choosing the Right Law School / TJ vs. FCSL vs. Waiting another year
« on: April 22, 2006, 01:11:43 PM »
Since I didn't get into Seton Hall  :'( and I didn't apply to other schools, I got scared and applied to Thomas Jefferson and Florida Coastal.  Those two have accepted me now my dilemma is, while I have NO interest in practicing big law when I graduate, I want to go into public interest, I will need to practice law in NJ.  Sooo how hard will it be for me to find a public interest job in NJ if I'm graduating from not so great schools in California or Florida.

Should I attend Thomas Jefferson, Florida Coastal, or wait and apply to more schools for next year?  I was also thinking I could go to either school and transfer out after a year but that's not definite so I need to go into this with worse case scenario which is I'm stuck at the school for 3 years.  Any advice would be great, thanks.

FYI: 150-lsat, 3.25GPA

Thanks everybody! I definitely did some major celebrating tonight haha...

intent06... are u from the jersey area? lemme know when u get ur acceptance (note i say when and not if haha)

and d y ze, im not really even sure why they accepted me lol, i did however express to them numerous times how interested i was in the school and how it was my top choice... maybe that helped?

When did you apply?  I haven't heard anything from them eventhough they did say the middle of April.  :-\ :'(

Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists / Nervous
« on: April 11, 2006, 11:59:39 AM »
I know there's an on-going in at Nowhere thread but I am officially starting to freak out! :'(
The admissions committee at one school said the middle of April.  Guess what this is the middle of April week.  I swear I only want to go to this one school and I feel like if I don't get in, I'm gonna be super depressed :'(
Now I'm second guessing myself and wondering if I should have applied to more schools.

I'm still here, I was told by one school a decision would come the middle of April.  ::) :-[ :'(

Depending on where I get accepted I might be doing this.  My plan would be to live at my school during the week and go home on the weekend.  I've already spoken with my s.o who is very supportive, I know I'll miss dd alot though.  Hopefully, I won't have to make that decisiion though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8